Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
i7
228 Posts
I bought the powerbronze tire hugger that shows up on ebay every once in a while for 135 shipped. Just be careful as sometimes they have a "carbon fiber" look hugger and you wouldnt want to accidently order that. Quality is great btw and really helps keep the undertail from getting as dinged up.

·
Registered
505 Posts
teamspeednautik said:
anything new on the undertail lecchilo?

Im definitely contemplating doing this on the weekend!
I'm waiting to get the one adam sent to me, or will send today or soon, then I will cut up my tail section and go from there... once I find the perfect fit, I will make the drawings and hopefully get the guy I know to cut up a bunch of these for free...
I asked Jay, in case I have to pay for the cutting, if it's possible for me to post up and see who is interested, so I can collect a deposit and pay the guy for the pieces to be cut...
the issue with cutting the metal is that they want it in bulk, otherwise it costs a lot... for example, once piece would cost around $100 to cut, but 100 pieces would cost about $4-5 each, so $400-500 (I'm basing the prices off of a quote I received form the same place for a similar size piece)

So in short, once I have the drawings, I can either send out templates via e-mail to be printed out and help you cut the metal perfectly, or if enough people are interested and want to give a deposit, I can have the pieces made and send them out...

So in short, nothing new on the undertail haha

·
Registered
509 Posts
lecchilo said:
I'm waiting to get the one adam sent to me, or will send today or soon, then I will cut up my tail section and go from there... once I find the perfect fit, I will make the drawings and hopefully get the guy I know to cut up a bunch of these for free...
I asked Jay, in case I have to pay for the cutting, if it's possible for me to post up and see who is interested, so I can collect a deposit and pay the guy for the pieces to be cut...
the issue with cutting the metal is that they want it in bulk, otherwise it costs a lot... for example, once piece would cost around $100 to cut, but 100 pieces would cost about $4-5 each, so $400-500 (I'm basing the prices off of a quote I received form the same place for a similar size piece)

So in short, once I have the drawings, I can either send out templates via e-mail to be printed out and help you cut the metal perfectly, or if enough people are interested and want to give a deposit, I can have the pieces made and send them out...

So in short, nothing new on the undertail haha

Haha. Nice. :cheers

Alright just wondering. Im sure there are a bunch of people on here willing to put down a deposit. But we'll see i guess right? =) Thanks for the follow up! This write up on it though just seems easy enough to do, thats why i was asking. I wont justify paying 130-170 for an undertail ya know?

Thanks again! :cheers

·
Registered
505 Posts
teamspeednautik said:
Haha. Nice. :cheers

Alright just wondering. Im sure there are a bunch of people on here willing to put down a deposit. But we'll see i guess right? =) Thanks for the follow up! This write up on it though just seems easy enough to do, thats why i was asking. I wont justify paying 130-170 for an undertail ya know?

Thanks again! :cheers
I completely understand, which is why I'm trying to do something about it.
I e-mailed the metals firm today asking for a quote on the above drawing, just to get an idea. I asked them to quote me for 1, 25, 50 and 100.

I've spoken to Jay as well, and to make it simple, anyone who is interested in this undertail, PM me for information. I might make another thread about this so people can see it and PM if they're interested, but I don't want to involve money in this since 1. I'm not a supporting vendor and 2. I don't know the price yet, or if there will be one.

I'm 99.999% sure that the price for 100 of these would be about $3-5/each, so if we can get 100 people interested, everyone would end up getting the $10 undertail for about the $3-5 + shipping...

These of course wouldn't be painted...

Main idea here is to make the cuts perfect so the fit is great, and people won't have to spend a few hours cutting and fitting their own sheet metal...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nassty said:
Hell if you get them for $5-$10 each I won't have a problem buying 20
Once I get the response from the firm and my contact there, I'll decide whether or not it's worth buying for anyone... If it is, I'll make a thread simply saying to PM me if interested... once enough people PM me, I'll take a deposit and go from there

·
Registered
509 Posts
lecchilo said:
Once I get the response from the firm and my contact there, I'll decide whether or not it's worth buying for anyone... If it is, I'll make a thread simply saying to PM me if interested... once enough people PM me, I'll take a deposit and go from there

Sounds good. Let us know when you get word from the metal place! :cheers

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey guys,

Well i ended up doing my undertail..... Since i have to do homework right now, ill have pictures up tomorrow to show you guys. All in all, it was simple, you just need to have patience.

Goodnight guys, ill have the pics up tomorrow!

Late. =)

-- Evan

·
Registered
91 Posts
lecchilo said:
any update yet? :eatpop

·
Registered
505 Posts
drubin007 said:
any update yet? :eatpop
Share the popcorn, metals place is taking their sweet time answering my e-mail... I'll just call them tomorrow morning.

I did get adam's cut piece so I'll work with that and see how it fits...

I'm selling my bike so hopefully I'll do it soon enough before it's gone haha

·
Registered
782 Posts
lecchilo said:
Share the popcorn, metals place is taking their sweet time answering my e-mail... I'll just call them tomorrow morning.

PM SENT IVAN

·
Registered
509 Posts
lecchilo said:

Hey Ivan, why you selling your bike bro! That thing looks sweet!

ps. ill have the pics up in like 45 mins, imma eat some breakfast!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey guys, well here are the pictures as promised. I have to say, it seemed a bit difficult when thinking about cutting away at the bike. I also took the idea of mounting the plate towards the front end of the bike, check it out. But here is the final product. I have to say, it came out pretty nice, especially with the painted frame me and a couple of buddies did to my bike.

Let me know what you guys think, etc.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Looks awesome bro... I would just attach it with 2 more screws closer to the tail light... what did you paint it with, matte black?

Frame makes it look much much better also

41 - 60 of 96 Posts