Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
SOLD ! I'll be there. I think I learned a few things about how to go to the track in style from misfire last weekend. I'm going to try and get an awning and bring a gas can this time.

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next week, let's get a headcount and see if we can't pick a spot to try and pit together.

·
"Mindbottling isn't it?"
4,573 Posts
Hmmm... I'll look and see what my schedule looks like..(or I'll ask my wife if I can go..)

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL yeah, I had to check with my wife err... crew chief to make sure.

·
"Mindbottling isn't it?"
4,573 Posts
Most likely I'll be there.

It really depends on how much we get done at work this week and what the weather does. I'll probably wait until the last minute to sign up.

What group are you going to ride in? I honestly think you would be fine in Intermediate. If you felt held up most of the day than it is time for a bump up.

·
"Mindbottling isn't it?"
4,573 Posts
I have a couple of clips made but my connection speed (satellite) is s-l-o-w tonight. I'll try to get it uploaded tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weather is looking pretty good.

Sun, Oct 5

Partly Cloudy
High: 85°
Low: 59°

Precip Chance: 0%

Wind/Speed:
From the South/9mph

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going to go pick up an ez-up canopy friday in a pretty obscene, easy to spot color scheme. I'll post up what I get so we can try and pit together.

·
Registered
474 Posts
would love to be there, but can't afford required riding gear right now.

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you can't make the actual track day, you might want to show up late morning and be there for the parade lap they do at lunch time. They require a helmet, jacket, gloves, long pants and boot above the ankle in order to particpate in the parade laps.

·
Registered
474 Posts
just to make sure, full leathers (including gloves?) will be required, correct?

For normal riding I have a pair of the riding jeans (kevlar reinforced areas), a mesh type riding jacket (with padding), mesh gloves with leather reinforced palms, and steel-toed work boots.

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
for the track day or the parade lap?

For the track day (from their website):
www.ridesmart.info said:
Protective Suit
More commonly called leather’s, a suit can be of 1 or 2 piece construction from leather or Cordura. The suit must be designed for motorcycle use. 2 piece suits must attach with a zipper. A ‘full-circumference’ zipper is not required. Jackets and or suits made of mesh material will not be allowed. The following are a few manufacturers of jacket types that are allowed but there may be others:

Joe Rocket : AGV : Dainese : Syed : Spidi : Spyke : Vanson : First Gear : Fieldsheer : Kobe

You must wear a Leather or Cordura suit that meets our guidelines. If you do not own or do not have access to one, don’t worry… we’ve got you covered! We also rent leathers. Go to registration to reserve your leathers.
Requirements page:
.:RideSmart Motorcycle School Requirements:.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is the spectator area better than Eagles Canyon? I went there for a Ridesmart event and you can't really see much of the track on that one.

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's been a couple years since I've been to MSR but Misfire reminded me that the viewing is much better there than at ECR when I was first thinking of bringing the family along to ECR weekend before last. So, I'm planning to invite them along to Cresson this coming weekend.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts