Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think human nature is to always have more; to continually make something better. Yet oddly enough I have been very satisfied with my stock 07 FZ1. Part of this may be my general satisfaction with the bike and also admittedly my lack of budget previously for these kind of mods! lol! This bike is my daily commuter for 7-8 months of the year and has performed very well.

However, after 10,000 miles I have a short wish list of changes:
1. The seat!: I am going to go to the corbin pilot seat Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha FZ1 Fazer | 800-538-7035. Looks great on the site and good reviews from what I have seen. The stock FZ1 seat has some unfortunately edged sides to it. After a weekend of riding I end up walking about cowboy style for about a day.
2. The muffler: from a functional perspective i think the muffler works well. Aesthetically, it looks like a cannon. I love the new GSX bikes with the muffler cut off and tucked under the bottom of the bike.
3. Power commander: if cash permits this is the next item. I'd love to have a little more on the bottom end of the gears.

It's great to own a well made bike. Thankfully Toyota does not make sportbikes yet. lol!:cheers

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
My good friend has an 06 FZ1 with 13K on it now. His mods are all quite tasteful. He has all the power mods like the PC and airbox mod, and has a Micron pipe on it. Rizoma grips and Pazzo levers are, in my opinion, the best mods to put on a bike. He has those, plus bar end mirrors, which I hate, but they look great. Lastly he went down 1 tooth in the front sprocket, and has a Puig touring smoked windscreen and Corbin seat. I love his bike every bit as much as mine. And his wife.:lao

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mods

If you are looking to do these mods on a budget, go to FZ1OA.com and look in the classifieds. People are always looking to unload stuff there. It will also cost you a fraction of new and generaly be cheaper than ebay. I've gotten quite a few parts there including a PCIII for $175 a Scorpion Slip on for aroung $200 and a GYTR gel seat. Forget the price on that but I've already sold it off to another member. A little patience and a PayPal account will go a long way. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
My buddy who owns the bike I just spoke of belongs to that board, his name there is Zwild, aka Bill. Another buddy of mine who just an FZ1 is there also, and goes by the name of Meinschaft, aka Phil. A great forum there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The FZ1OA formum seems very well respected by everyone. I always feel guilty cause I hardly contribute often enough for one forum. lol. Anyway, i'll check it out. A good deal on a corbin seat would be hard to pass by.

:catcorn Yeah, i apologize ahead of time. I had to use this gif. hadn't seen it before. awesome.

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Only thing I will strongly recommend is to get Sargent seat instead of the Corbin. Many people hate Corbin as it is heavy and hard as a brick.

Also get some frame and axle sliders.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Only thing I will strongly recommend is to get Sargent seat instead of the Corbin. Many people hate Corbin as it is heavy and hard as a brick.

Also get some frame and axle sliders.
I agree, my Sargent is very comfortable and wouldn't trade it for two Corbins. It has never made me the slightest bit uncomfortable even on long rides.

·
Palm City Nice Guy
2,503 Posts
If at all possible, find a Corbin seat from a pal and try it on your bike first, have bought three different ones over the years and hated them for me, uncomfortable as hell but the lady's DO like them. Mine popped on and off with the turn of a key, only used them for a lady.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts