Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a one piece suit for long rides and track days, without spending a crazy amount of money. What do you guys suggest as a starter suit? Links please.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
First of all, a good one piece suit will make you miserable on long rides. Just imagine if you have to take a dump in a gas station in the middle of nowhere. Also, a good trackday suit is comfortable when you're crouched behind the windshield, not walking around having a good time.

That being said, I have two "trackday" suits:

1. One piece. I only use it on trackdays at my local track or when the bike is getting trailered to the track.

2. Two piece. For trackdays that are not local and I'm riding there, or long days.

For example, we've done a Mexico City to Acapulco ride in a single day. It's about 600 miles total? We ride about 100 miles, then have breakfast. Right there the two piece suit is a bless, take the jacket off, have breakfast in absolute comfort, then put back the jacket and zip it up for 1 pc protection. Then there are about 200 miles more to get to Acapulco.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
If this is your first set of leathers DO NOT buy on eBay. Fit is everything when it comes to leathers. Best is to pay more and buy at a store. Name brand counts on this too. I have been down that route twice, one the seams blew out in a 60mph lowside on one. I had to ride back half naked!
I have own a few of each 1 &2 piece sutes, for me one pice is only for track days.

If you want to save money get a sute that is modle from a year or two. you dont have to be a fasion rider.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So most people are saying a two piece that maybe zips together or something like that. That sounds like a good route to take. And I wouldn't want to spend over 8 or 900

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I wear a 2 piece leather suit to and from work 140 miles a day, 4 days a week, 11 months a year. I don't think a 1 piece would be as good for my uses. It's well broken in and very comfy.

Expect to pay at least $700 for entry level good. Any cheaper and you probably won't be happy with long term use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wear a 2 piece leather suit to and from work 140 miles a day, 4 days a week, 11 months a year. I don't think a 1 piece would be as good for my uses. It's well broken in and very comfy.

Expect to pay at least $700 for entry level good. Any cheaper and you probably won't be happy with long term use.
Yeah, I ride every day to and from work. Only about a 60 mile round trip commute And only 8 or 9 months out of the year. But I'm thinking a 2 piece will be my best bang for buck. I'm thinking Alpinestars because I have boots, gloves, and a textile jacket from them and have been happy with the gear.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
I bought a cheap two-piece on Ebay. I think it cost $40. Smells of cigarettes, though. I don't wear it much but it is a good gauge of my weight. I put any on I don't fit in it anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts