Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a friend who wants to sell his bike.
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. 17k mileage, slight crack on the front facing fairing.
He's willing to drop the price to $1000, take $500 down, and accept payment on a monthly basis for the other $500.

As much as I've always wanted a bike, I'm not too sure of what's a good deal. What is High Mileage for a Bike? Is his offer good considering the bike condition and age?

Just looking for advice as I'm new to all of this.

·
Clueless Newbie
786 Posts
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. 17k mileage, slight crack on the front facing fairing.
He's willing to drop the price to $1000, take $500 down, and accept payment on a monthly basis for the other $500.

As much as I've always wanted a bike, I'm not too sure of what's a good deal. What is High Mileage for a Bike? Is his offer good considering the bike condition and age?

What else is wrong with it? This deal is too good to be true.

·
Registered
474 Posts
17k is not high for a bike that has been taken care of. If it is a fully functioning, street legal bike, then $1k is a heck of a steal. Please note though that th MSF course is mandatory to get your license in Texas, so buy the bike, sign up for the class, and while you are waiting for the class you can do all of the minor new-owner maintenance (oil change, etc)

·
Registered
8,142 Posts

$1000, plus half in monthly payments? Your friend sounds like a fool... But good deal for you.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Are you a chick? Is he trying to get in your pants? That's the only way that deal makes any sense. Buy it. Buy it today.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Hold up. If you can only afford to spend $500 and then the rest in monthly payments, how are you going to buy your gear? Buy gear first, and then buy a bike.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Geat shmear. Ride in a do-rag, shades, leather vest and jeans. What's the worst that could happen?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts