Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at a getting a bike more angled toward the streetfigher side. I dunno about ever owning a True Street Fighter but I do know I like the style of the 2007 Triumph Tiger or the Buell Firebolt XB12R. Has anyone ever demo'd one? I am looking at a bike that I can still take out and rip up the canyons with though.

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
Haven't tried the Tiger, too tall me for, but I like the triple engine, I can tell you that! :)

I did try the firebolt when I was looking for a new bike (ended up with Speed Triple) and just didn't care for the feel of the 5 speed compared to the Triumph. But it was quote fun to ride and I probably would have been happy with either bike.

Triumph also has the Speed Triple and the Street Triple.....

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I'd have to lower the bike like an inch for it to be comfortable riding for me.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
It would probably be comfortable while riding, but maybe not while stopped.

I can deal with it, and I only have a 28" inseam. Just takes some getting used to.

Most Triumph dealers have Tigers you can demo. For that matter, most Buell dealers will let you demo a firebolt, too.

Go try them out!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would probably be comfortable while riding, but maybe not while stopped.

I can deal with it, and I only have a 28" inseam. Just takes some getting used to.

Most Triumph dealers have Tigers you can demo. For that matter, most Buell dealers will let you demo a firebolt, too.

Go try them out!
when time gets closer to me getting one I shall :p....gotta pump out a 7month deployment before I can think about selling this bike and gettin the street fighter(i have a 30" inseam so I should be better off than you)

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
when time gets closer to me getting one I shall :p....gotta pump out a 7month deployment before I can think about selling this bike and gettin the street fighter(i have a 30" inseam so I should be better off than you)

Yeah, you should be fine.

And whatever you do, when you go to check out a bike- even if you don't ride there, take your riding boots with you.

Usually they are almost an inch taller in the heel than sneakers. Makes a BIG difference.

And yeah- on the Tiger I can get one foot flat and have the other one on the peg holding the rear brake. Not a big deal. In fact, there's not a single street bike out there that I would say I need to lower to be comfy on. When you're riding it, it's all the same height anyways.

I WILL say that many bikes are *just* too tall for me to be able to back up while i'm on the seat. I usually have to hop off and walk it back. Not a big deal. I'm used to it. I'm short.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, you should be fine.

And whatever you do, when you go to check out a bike- even if you don't ride there, take your riding boots with you.

Usually they are almost an inch taller in the heel than sneakers. Makes a BIG difference.

And yeah- on the Tiger I can get one foot flat and have the other one on the peg holding the rear brake. Not a big deal. In fact, there's not a single street bike out there that I would say I need to lower to be comfy on. When you're riding it, it's all the same height anyways.

I WILL say that many bikes are *just* too tall for me to be able to back up while i'm on the seat. I usually have to hop off and walk it back. Not a big deal. I'm used to it. I'm short.
haha i will keep that in mind, thanx for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts