Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my 07' yamaha touring windshield today, No instructions, but i'm a guy who needs instructions right?

It went on very easy, 6 plastic screws (Why are these plastic? lol)

However there was a rubber tube included thats split on one side, I assume its so you can put it over the top lip of the windshield, my question is, why would you put this strip on? The top edge of the windshield isnt very sharp. Maybe it adds a tiny lip to aid the air to go higher off the top edge of the windshield?

OK, so I didn't need instructions, but an explanation would have been cool :) There was however a nice sticker inside that said not to clean the windshield with gas, lol, thanks.....

·
Lemming's Revenge
665 Posts
The plastic tube is to go around the top of the screen. Why? no clue, maybe a style thing. The puig came with one as well. Didn't put it on.

Using plastic which is somewhat flexible will allow the screen not to crack due to vibrations. All screens are come with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So whaddya think of the 07 touring shield? I have been VERY tempted to get one, but have not heard anyone comment on them yet. I know the feedback from the 04-06 tall windscreen was not good. Wondering if they did better with this design.

I have heard good things about the Calsci windshields, but not sure if I want to go to that big of a screen. This would be a good compromise from stock if it works decent.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gdubya said:
So whaddya think of the 07 touring shield? I have been VERY tempted to get one, but have not heard anyone comment on them yet. I know the feedback from the 04-06 tall windscreen was not good. Wondering if they did better with this design.

I have heard good things about the Calsci windshields, but not sure if I want to go to that big of a screen. This would be a good compromise from stock if it works decent.
I'm a 6 foot tall rider, with the stock windshield I had lots of helmet noise and wind pressure/buffeting on my upper chest. Now its mostly on my helmet area. So the pressure on my chest had gone way down, probably due to the upper height and also the extra side width. It also a smoked color which looks fairly attractive vs the stocker.

As a side benifit, I can now lean way down near the tank and get all the wind to go over my head, not that its confortable, but if I need to be out of the air completely its handy I suppose.

So overall, its not a huge difference, just kinda takes that wind blast pressure off my chest and puts it on my much more aerodynamic helmet..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.