Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm Nanner. Never made a formal post before, so there you go. Any how, I ran into a problem today. After replacing one blown stator gasket and the waterpump after a horrendous weephole leak, today, I noticed that the seal between the stator cover and the metal thing it attaches to (I'm obviously not mechanically minded) was leaking just a little bit. Some residue as it has been producing for some time after getting the blown stator gasket fixed (a month ago). So today, I notice at a few red lights that my bike was making a funny almost crackly sound near the exhaust at idle (two brothers exhaust). It wasn't any sort of backfire, and I got off and listened and it didn't sound like it was coming from the actual exhaust if that makes sense. It was a odd, poppingish sort of sound. Hard to explain. Anyways, I stopped at a gas station and turned the bike off to get something. When I came back, and I turned the key, the instrument panel wasn't zeroing the speedometer, it kept all of the lights on (gear indicator, fuel light, temp light, and oil light), the needle moved normally, and it sounded like only half of the injectors fired. I pulled in the clutch and hit the starter and it made one crank. Just one. Tried several times with the same result. Tried to push start it with no dice. Could it be the rectifier/regulator? The battery is a year old, and I'll replace it for sure. It's never had a problem starting before. Please help because I know you guys are good at this. Thanks in advance and sorry for the massive text-rape.

Cheers!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And I forgot to mention that the headlight came on like normal, too.

Edit: And I looked up about the rectifier regulator which seems to explain the not starting thing. I'm going to replace the battery. But what would explain all the stator pressure blowing the gasket earlier? Also, would the stator unit and wires and junk all need to be replaced in tandem with the rectifier regulator provided that's the issue? Would that explain the leak as well? it seems like the leak originates from the top of the stator cover. I'm very lost and frustrated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts