Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new to me 750 tomorrow and it needs an undertail. On my old bike (SV650) I bought an undertail kit and wasn't very impressed, it left gaps from where the mudflap used to be.

What undertail are you using on your 06 or 07 750? Does it leave any gaps or does it look factory?

The bike really needs one to clean it up, and I don't want to end up with something that looks like some guy made it in his garage.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
:confused: Mine came nice enough stock that I'd never consider trying to improve on it. Is yours missing what it came with or are you trying to improve it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking to improve the looks of it, by getting rid of the huge mudflap.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Ok, that's simple enough. Just take it off, get some L-brackets and attach the tag to that in the holes that are already there. I got an auto tag-light and screwed that to the undertail in front of the tag to make it legal (or rather, my SO did). He also cut the tag to make it fit in the recessed area where the L-brackets are attached.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check it out when I get the bike home, seems easy enough.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ok, that's simple enough. Just take it off, get some L-brackets and attach the tag to that in the holes that are already there. I got an auto tag-light and screwed that to the undertail in front of the tag to make it legal (or rather, my SO did). He also cut the tag to make it fit in the recessed area where the L-brackets are attached.
I did the exact same thing, cost next to nothing, takes a few minutes and looks great. I did this as soon as I rolled it off the truck from the dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts