Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man i had a guy i know got killed on one of these and i now have the broke bike( i'll include pics of the broke bike and what i have seen and know at the bottom),, Anyway the other day i saw another one just like this one,, hardly any damage at all just a severed neck of the bike,,, i have never seen one broke like that and now i've seen 2 just alike and little to no damage,,

the one i got went off a curve into a disked field and the drop off the roads about 2-3 feet differences,,, he didn't hit nothing,, from the look of the damage it literally broke in half and rolled over on him,,, he was right off the side of the road and had a massive bruize all the way around his shoulder on one side where the helmet dug in,,,so it definately went over on top of him,,, i got the bike from his wife , i worked with her for about 10 years and when she said she wanted to sell it i got it,,,

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
I'm having this weird flashback that I've seen this thread before.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

no that was in my introduction,,, but anyway ,,, i saw a black 2008 the other day that had less damage than this one which is what spurred this thread,,,:banana

i went back and researched it and i made a weld it or part it thread over this but not a frame thread on it,,,

i personally have seen 2 of these like this,,,so how many are out there?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I have seen a few of these threads on here since I've been here. They've frightened me away from ever buying anything that says Suzuki on it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have a 06 suzuki 600 katana. and it has a cage that goes lower around the engine(I checked LOL) but im curious to how many ppl has actually seen this problem,,

and since i made the thread it can be searched here,,, like i did whan i came here,,

i'm going to try to buy the 08 to go with mine,,,and have it welded and take my 07 and make my 13 year old a mini sprint with it,,, or may weld it also and stunt it,,, if it gets welded it will be strapped and braced,,,

i know the 07 i have killed the guy,, i heard matt maliden broke one,, the welds on mine scare the poop out of me

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will tomorrow, it didn't penetrate to me at all,, the edges of the bare frame looks beveled where it was to be welded , you can see the one on the right side better because its inline with the camera.

·
Old/Slow, But having fun
177 Posts
Yes, there were similar threads when the 05 came out. Funny thing was that the supposed class action suit never materialized. Everybody saw 2 of them or knew a guy who broke a frame. The streets were littered with broken Suzukis

If I read this initial post correctly, the bike pictured here went off the road and a 3 foot drop.

a couple of years ago I bought a Corvette for a dollar. The guy died in it and they couldn't get the smell out.:)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I heard about these incidents on 05-07 gixxers, specifically the 1k's. its scary to see that at least 2 cases have been reported. Suzuki's are great bikes but somehow they get bad reps with issues like these.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have seen a few of these threads on here since I've been here. They've frightened me away from ever buying anything that says Suzuki on it.
yep - suzuki execs don't care. i know of 14 incidents and no recall notice. someone needs to start a blog. i traded my 06 gix thou for a cbr for this reason alone

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
This is the 3rd set of pictures I have personally seen. All of them the frames broke at exactly the same spot. What's also disturbing is how clean the break looks. The metal on both sides should be bent and twisted before that weld lets go.

Suzuki should really address this but I doubt they will. That’s a lot of bikes they would need to recall. Probably cheaper to fight the 20 or so individual lawsuits this causes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I experienced the same issue

Hi,
I am a French biker.
I bought a brand new K8 1000GSXR about one year ago. After driving 1100km, the bike's chassis broke into 2 parts...
I drove at 50km/h in a straight line. The bike split into 2 parts: the welding cracked right in the middle. I have two witnesses; they saw the bike frame split that caused the accident. The bike did not crahed against anything, no third part involved...
Suzuki now refuse to face their responsability. They tell me I made a driving mistake that led to the crash. I am about to prosecute them.
I am in contact with American bikers to coordinate the action knowing that some people died and they do not care. I cannot stand it.
Regards,

·
Registered
12 Posts
you bet!

holy crap.
It is incredible... After some queries on internet, I found out that there are plenty of similar cases. The issue for the ones, as me, that experience this experience with gravity, is that there is no WW site summing up issues.

I have been really choked after the accident. The fact that Suzuki played the fool increased my willingness not to let this crazy scenario repeat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another picture + other cases identified

Another pictures so that you can see weld breakage and its consequences.
After searching the internet, I found out other similar cases. I am collecting all the data I can to prepare my arguments. How can they ignore this welding issue? Where is the biker's spirit???

Attachments

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I attached a picture of the welding area of my bike that split into 2.
No penetration
My jaw dropped when I saw that. You can clearly see that it did NOT penetrate.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts