·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 2006 R6 and was wondering if this is a normal powerband

0-4500 just what i expected
4500-6000 takes a dive in power output
6000+ hold on to something

I am wondering if the 4500-6000 range power loss is normal???

·
Registered
112 Posts
my bike seems kind of blah below 5000 RPMs, but anything after that is like getting rear ended by a space craft...but my bike has a Graves full exhaust, BMC race air filter, and custom map on my power commander

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same story here, flat as this crappy South Carolina terrain until about 8000 (yeah...still stock) then it's a hold-on-with-your-knees smile machine (so to speak)
Has anyone figured something out to bring it down to about 6K? i'm thinking power commander or ignition advance, but V-stackswould be cheaper and may work...any thoughts other than a 520 -1/+1 to make it more accessable?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I'm sure it's still the case. I've ridden my boy's brand new 2012 R6(still break in period at that time) and the bike just didnt seem to move forward.. very very very smoothe tho!...
I LOVE the 2013 grey R6. It's most def my 2nd choice if I can't finance the KTM 1190 RC8. Yes, these 2 are way different, I don't really want another 1000cc class if not the RC8. Just CUZ, let's get over this fact.

Now,
It wasn't answered here so I'll ask, any way to get more power out of the mid-range rpm with a power comander or some kind of mods? I prefer mid-range power, I know other 600's have better mid-range, I don't want them. If not the grey R6, I'm moving onto the 1000 class as my 3rd, 4th choices. RC8 aside, I don't think all that 1000cc power is too useful for my preference. I want it to be more nimble and fast in twisties. With that said, I've been hauling around on my 650lbs 1300cc Stryker so I know how to whip around some weight.
Looks has a lot to do with it. I want to make the best looks perform to my preferrance if possible.

Am I just being a brat? or can I make SOME kind of an adjustment on the bike to make this happen even a little? Any suggestions? How about a b***** rear sprocket? I don't care too much about TOP speed. Don't plan to go that fast too many times. I want more take off, cornering exit, twisties action.

Any thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts