Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Oh Man.. I need to start Saving My Pennies :lol

From MCN http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?p...urceId=1166298&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

VFR1200 revealed

Honda is to launch a 1200cc V5-engined replacement for the Blackbird. It will be packed full of anti-crash electronics and be capable of cracking 200mph.
Factory insiders say it will be on sale in 2006 and be blessed with the most powerful engine a road bike has ever used - making around 190bhp.
The bike - named the VFR1200 - will feature traction control and the latest development of Honda's combined braking alongside ABS.
Read the full story and see more pictures in the August 18 issue of MCN.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
its easy to put a governer in the computer..

and its easy to remove them too ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm horny.

What's the deal with manufactures making these monstrous sized engines? I'd be more apt to by a smaller displacement V-5 or V-4. a 1200cc V-5 is overkill for the street.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Combined braking? Hmm...no.

·
Registered
886 Posts
A v-5 1200cc engine will probably be overkill for the chassis and handling capabilites of the bike, but who cares if its overkill? Its all about fun. And overkill is fun.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
it'd be nice if they put a slightly detuened rc211v motor in it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When

Pigs

Fly

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Gixxer headlights... CHECK!!!

CBR1100XX sidepanels.... CHECK!!!!

ZX10 (Euro) Turn Signals.... CHECK and DOUBLE CHECK!!!

This was started by the brit mag, MCN. They are the National Enquirer of the motorcycle world, and regularly photoshop bikes and start rumors to sell issues.

Scott :bs

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
It didn't take long to tear that one to shreads! That thing will never exist.
No way, no how. Mark my words. The 1000RR is as close as we're gonna get.

Unless the $70k Ducati Desmosedici RR streetbike coming in '06 lights a fire under Honda's ass.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I was reading right along till I got stuck on your avatar Neverlose. I'm not complaining a bit, but I just killed 10 min in a complete stupor.

·
Registered
558 Posts
kinda hypnotizing isn't it?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
hondafan said:
finally, something to go against the "Busa"
Ummm the 12 does that now....They're about dead even in almost every category.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Yeah right! I'll believe it when I see it on the showroom floor. And Triumph is really gonna make a 2.3 liter triple...

Ooops! :eek: Never mind.

I hope Honda produces this thing. If they do, I will eat my words like the man that I am... :D
After all, I wasn't the only one held in disbelief at the mock-ups of the pre-production RUNE!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts