Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was needing help on my 06 gixxer 1000 I have notice that my speedo cluster is way off it's like 30 mph off once I get in higher mph's me and my buddie went ridding and I follow him and he said we was running 75 mph on his gps but my bike only read 45 does anybody know what the problems could be thanks

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Non-stock sprockets (usually goes the other way though)? Over-sized tires? Any other mods? That's a huge difference. Do you really think you were going 75? Any other comparisons you can make like simply keeping up with traffic on the freeway?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pc3 and full yosh and yeah if I drop down to the mph on my speedo to speed limit on speedo I am getting past like I am sitting still

·
Registered
971 Posts
My experience is the Suzuki speedos are terribly inaccurate, though I haven't found them to be that far off and mine are off in the other direction (they indicate a speed greater than I am travelling).

I've got a GPS mounted on my DL1000 and on my Hayabusa, and both of them are usually 10+mph over the GPS speed. I'm usually running around 5k rpm give or take, so I'm not sure what they typically do at high revs.

If you've got a GPS, or can use your phone as one, you should go out and try it against the speedo to see what's really going on. If you've got a tank bag with a map pocket or clear plastic over the top, you can slip a GPS in that to get a reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay my buddie had his GPS and it said 75 and mine was only reading 45 my 04 gsxr 1000 was off by a little but not that much but I will try the GPS on it thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts