Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
My friend has a new 2005 gsxr750 and got in trouble with the law so he cant ride for a little while..Anywayz i rode it to my house today from his storage place so that he can keep it here and save money. The bike only has like 60 miles on it and he told me for break in you have to try and keep it no higher than 4000 rpms. On my 05 gsxr600 it was 7500, and i know there different but damn i had to shift like every second all the way up to 5th just to get to the speed limit and stay under 4000rpms...Is this correct because i would think it would be at least like 5500-6000 so you can vary the speed and everything...If anyone knows about the 750 or has one could you let me know what it says in the manual or something?? Thanks, Kyle

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Break it in like you'll ride it later, otherwise the rings wont seal. Don't believe that garbage in the owners manual that's been copy + pasted for 20 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info guys...well its not my bike so i dont want to be gay about it or anything but if he wants me to ride a certain way i dont mind...Plus the dealership told him 4000rpms lol and i told him to check the manual and he said it says 7000 which is more like it so i dont mind abiding by the 7000rpms mark and maybe gun it a few lol...But thanks for the help anywayz...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Goalieman said:
Thanks for the info guys...well its not my bike so i dont want to be gay about it or anything but if he wants me to ride a certain way i dont mind...Plus the dealership told him 4000rpms lol and i told him to check the manual and he said it says 7000 which is more like it so i dont mind abiding by the 7000rpms mark and maybe gun it a few lol...But thanks for the help anywayz...
under 7k sounds alot more reasonable.
just keep it under there and gun it a few times every now and then to help the rings seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
on my 040gsxr750 i just upto about 10'000 for a few miles then had the oil changed . ran the shit out of it just to break it in .

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
damn.. & to think i followed the manual to the "T" when i broke mine in.. but i just bought a 2005 jeep & it said in the manual "no break in period needed for this vehicle" so obviously theres more to this than i thought

1 - 10 of 10 Posts