Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello rc51 riders. I'm finally crossing over,let me explain. I never had a Vtwin before, it's always been the 4's. Right now I have my 00 zx9 and use it alot for track days. The dealer has the new black&grey thats the color right? Anyways to the point I know the power delivery is different and all that. With a bike like this after you do the mods(pipes,custom map,etc). What kind of numbers could you be looking at as far as rwhp,torque. Anyone with these mods already with the 05 model please let me know,or anyone with 03 and up. I can't wait until tuesday :) :) Any comments or suggestions for things to do to this bike or maint. tips. Thanx for your time.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Stock is about 120hp and 70tq. With cans and a map you would see anywhere from that up to 129hp and a little more torque. My best recommendation as to mods are: do the gearing change! I'm at 15/41 which is -1/+1 and it's not any too low for me.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Congrats on the new bike once you get it. I really dig mine and I've only had it for about a week. +1 one for the sprocket change. The person who owned the bike before changed the sprockets and it rides nice. I can't imagine how the stock gearing is. Probably not as nice.

The black and grey RCs are hot!

·
Registered
29 Posts
After I put my Sato Banzai's on I experienced a nice increase in HP. A lot had to do with the reduction in weight of the aftermarket exhaust and the stock. The other thing I would do is get the Power Commander for it so that it doesn't run like crap after you put the aftermarket system on. As far as Dyno numbers, I haven't gotten that completed yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
DamianRC51 said:
Congrats on the SWEET ride. FYI, my 01 RC made 129 rwhp with cans only, no programmer.
With the 01 making about around 119 rwhp stock, and you getting a 10 hp increase with just cans and no PC to boot! All I can say is WOW!! :lol

Them some strong cans you got there sonny!!:lol :lol

ceh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts