Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into swaping out my 2005 gsxr motor with a 2005 gsxr 750 motor and can't seem to find anyone who could tell me if the to will swap out easily or not, or even if the motor mounts are the same. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Couldn't tell you the answer, but in about a year i'll be probably asking the same question.

·
Registered
989 Posts
i posted this question a while back as i'm really wanting to swap a 750 into my K4 600 within the next year.
from what i've found out, as long as you get the wiring assembly with the motor, it's a straight swap.
there was some concern over the suspension being different though.

other than that, it's a straight swap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have found info on this, where did you fine it?

Also do you thing things like the headers and such would need to be changed out as well or not?

Finally, do you think timing and such would also need to be redone?

·
NO LAG !!!
1,255 Posts
jg4060 said:
If you have found info on this, where did you fine it?

Also do you thing things like the headers and such would need to be changed out as well or not?

Finally, do you think timing and such would also need to be redone?
I know a few shop owners in the road racing and drag racing world. It's best to talk to someone nearby that does that sort of stuff. It's really common though being that in drag racing people love to slap a stroked 750 motor and put on 600 stickers and smoke 1000's and Busa's.

Those items like that are usually part of the swap so if you have the full swap it shouldn't need to be considered. Don't forget that pretty much identical dimensions for the 600/ 750 and if something is ever different it's only minor. The 600/750 has more in common than things that are different. It's like Lego's. Just have your wallet ready. Sometimes it's cheaper and easier just to make a trade and skip the swap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the sprockets are different. the 600 is a -1 +2. what is this going to do to the 750 when you swap it to the stock 600 sprockets?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swap now complete!!! :)

I have completed swaping out mt 2005 GSXR-600cc engine with a 2005 GSXR-750cc engine...I wish I did it sooner....For a small recap, I have/had a 2005 GSXR-600 and I got my hands on a GSXR-750 engine (with wiring harness) so I could sawp the engines. Turns out all the motor mounts lined up and everything else was went together without any problems....:banana

·
Registered
10 Posts
jg4060 said:
I have completed swaping out mt 2005 GSXR-600cc engine with a 2005 GSXR-750cc engine...I wish I did it sooner....For a small recap, I have/had a 2005 GSXR-600 and I got my hands on a GSXR-750 engine (with wiring harness) so I could sawp the engines. Turns out all the motor mounts lined up and everything else was went together without any problems....:banana

Since the newer 750s are simply a bored out version of the 600, its pracically the same engine, so thats why it swapped out so easily...:cheers another good design by suzuki!!! :bowdown

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boosa engine in a GSXR-600

Just in case anyone is interested, a friend of mine is a wize at swaping engines especialy on Suzuki's. He can put 750cc and 1000cc on 600 frames all day long. Believe it or not he is currently putting a boosa engine in a GSXR-600...Damn....so if anyone needs some help let me know and i will put you intouch with him. He is out of orlando Florida and he works for himself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts