Sport Bikes banner

'05 GSX-R and Frame Damage

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  RACER X 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow, another one! :confused: Looks like this might not be an isolated incident after all.

#3 ·
Glad I got my "porky" ole busa. Least the frame is not likely to snap on me while I'm riding around.

Haven't you heard? Bikes are getting so light these days that manufacturers are making throw-away frames! One crash is all they're guaranteed for. You can even send them back to suzuki and they will do an x-ray test on your frame after a get-off to see if there's damage.

#6 ·
they are crazy, he hit the guy only going like 30 mph and the entire front fork/headstem just snapped off from the frame.

#8 ·
Yeah, I think I'm about ready to sell this K51000. :(

#16 ·
I remember the first one that broke, on a track if I remember right. It broke right at the weld, which makes sense if QC is'nt up to par. This one broke in the main section of the metal(actually three main sections).......Not a weak spot!!!! Kinda glad I didn't have the money for one five months ago.

#17 ·
Ershank said:
Holy shit. It doesnt matter if that was 30, 45, 60mph.... That shit shattered.... That's not supposed to happen....
no, if a bike shatters while riding down the road, it's a prob. shattering while in a wreck is a diff. thing.........

simple fix, don't wreck....... :banana

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.