Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
i got 55 mpg on my first tank on my '05. this is assuming that the tank was completely full (it seemed like it was) and that the speedo/odo is accurate (which i have read it isnt).

·
Registered
341 Posts
30-35ish, my bike is running lean and i like to get going fast.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
48-55

·
Thread Killer
255 Posts
I got 48 mpg on the 1st tank and 52 when I checked it a few tanks later('05 model), but the 52 was a lot of highway miles. I expect it will be less now that I am revving past the 10k mark. :devil

·
Registered
326 Posts
175 miles to 3.5-8 gallons, highway.To lazy to do the math. Average speed 90 mph. Usually keep the rpm around or above 8000. Love those Cali highways. :beer

·
Registered
33 Posts
I average low 40's in city/highway conditions.The one long highway ride I went on I was getting like 55mpg maybe more.The added mileage wasn't worth the straight ride.The next day I found a couple nice curvy roads to ride.I'm happy with getting high 30's/ low 40's in some nice curvy roads.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Heavy FZ6 said:
50 mpg average city/highway in my 2005 but consider, 1 imperial gallon = 1.201 US gallon.
An IMPERIAL gallon? What the hell is THAT haha. This reminds me of the south part song.... BLAME CANADA :D I'm just busting your chops.

·
Registered
676 Posts
My wife's '05 gets 50 mpg fairly consistently.

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
I guess I'm getting between 40 and 50. One thing I noticed. I put 110 miles on a full tank yesterday and the gauge went down by 2 bars. That was a mix of highway and back road. I rode in to work today...10 miles and the it went down another bar and I have about 120 miles on the tank. It doesn't seem that there is consistency to the gauge. I should still get close to 200 before he starts flashing.

I read in the mpg thread linked at the top about people getting better gas mileage during the break-in. I was the exact opposite. Mine seems to be getting better the more miles I put on it. I only got around 120 miles out of my first tank.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm getting 43-44 for everyday riding. Once I'm out on the highway at a constant speed I get 51-52. Last winter when it was cold, I never got over 39....I think she likes the warm weather better!

Oh yeah, my odometer is reading correctly also....speedohealer.

·
On 2 wheels...
209 Posts
Just finished up my first full tank last night... 52 mpg. But that was pretty tame riding with only a few short bursts up in the higher rpm's.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
I just filled up my 05 for the first time. Filled up with trip mileage at 211.6 miles w/ 4.1 gallons, that put it at 51.61 mpg. The twisty to highway percentages were probably around 40% to 60% respectively. Still breaking in the engine but I'm not a huge high rev-er in general so I expect to get around 50 mpg on average. Thank goodness because gas is too expensive and I was reading a lot of people saying they were getting in the low 40's!

To compare, on my old 99 R6 (carb'ed) I used to get about the same gas mileage: 50 to 55. Almost never below 50; in fact, I can't remember it ever being below 50...

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have been getting between 45 and 50 from every tank I have put through mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I seemed to get better gas mileage after braking it in too. I get about 45+- now though. About 80% of my riding is in twisties though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts