Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since owning this bike I see so very little of them on the road and at events. I had no idea the rarity of the bike here in the States. Therefor I had to post the following thread as a tribute to fellow Bandit owners...

This is a 2005 GSF1200S, came factory with the blue and white color scheme which commemorates Suzuki's racing heritage. 1st pic is the day I bought it used.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that some of that cash you saved in buying a Bandit and throw it back into the bike, here's what you end up with...

I would have posted more pic but this website quota maxed with pics I own in other threads (how stupid is that...).

Some of the mods are as follows:
-custom engine covers (chrome decals)
-custom side covers
-replaced bucket decals
-stripped and polish rims, spokes pearl white
-Blue Flame EVO3 exhaust (stainless steel)
-Givi windscreen
-Bar risers
-LED blinkers
-HID lowbeam

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton more...

My strategy was simple; accent chrome/silver whenever possible, paint parts that should have been painted in the 1st place, carry the overall white/blue race design into the rest of the bike, and finally make it look factory.

The rims where stripped and polished aluminum. The spokes were left black then painted pearl white to tie in to the bike's scheme.

The side covers, I don't know why Suzuki left these black - cut corners save cost I bet. These had to get paint too.

The I found a pair of engine fairing (after market) and painted them in to match the blue stripe from the side covers. Also in-laid some chrome decals before top coating the whole thing. The grills in the fairing are custom as well. I found some surgical-grade stainless steel screens to cover the large holes. I tell ya' they really tie in nicely with the rest of the chrome accents on the bike. BTW, the Kanji represents "Bandit" or "Thief" in Japan.

Any othe questions - just ask...

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Great looking bike. I'm also a Bandit nut. Picked up a 1250 in '07. I've had many bikes over the years and this one is, by far, my favorite. Amazing bang for the buck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello, can you tell me where you purchased the lower fairing? Thanks, Paul
Off ebay (some vendor I don't remember), but they were all black.

Actually the whole bike is up for sale. But I'd consider selling just the covers. Obviously someone else who owns a blue/white Bandit would benefit the most...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Off ebay (some vendor I don't remember), but they were all black.

Actually the whole bike is up for sale. But I'd consider selling just the covers. Obviously someone else who owns a blue/white Bandit would benefit the most...

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I would be very interested in the lower fairings, and side covers if available. I actually have a black set of lowers that I purchased off ebay, made by PowerBronze. Yours look a little different than mine though. If you are really considering selling the covers, let me know what you want for them. Please also consider that I could send you my covers as a trade-in type discount? I do have one half of the lowers with some damage, due to a kid's runaway skateboard. I have also added some of my own graphics to the covers, that many people think are factory. Let me know. Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I would be very interested in the lower fairings, and side covers if available. I actually have a black set of lowers that I purchased off ebay, made by PowerBronze. Yours look a little different than mine though. If you are really considering selling the covers, let me know what you want for them. Please also consider that I could send you my covers as a trade-in type discount? I do have one half of the lowers with some damage, due to a kid's runaway skateboard. I have also added some of my own graphics to the covers, that many people think are factory. Let me know. Thanks, Paul
Hey Paul,

I take it you have a blue/white Bandit?

Yes, I would consider selling the side carb covers too, BUT I'd need on trade a very good condition original black with the chrome of course { basically the stock look }. If you don't have them one might be able to find a pair on ebay perhaps. Another idea is to send me your covers and I'll paint them (with the leftover paint I still have).... or I send you my leftover paint, etc... no promises - I'm just thinking out loud for the moment. Send me a PM if you're serious about working something out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! Please t
Since owning this bike I see so very little of them on the road and at events. I had no idea the rarity of the bike here in the States. Therefor I had to post the following thread as a tribute to fellow Bandit owners...

This is a 2005 GSF1200S, came factory with the blue and white color scheme which commemorates Suzuki's racing heritage. 1st pic is the day I bought it used.
wow ! Please tell me where to get that bottom fairing ! I literally just bought a 2005 GSF 1200 and want one ! Nice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts