Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find the specs, SPECIFICALLY the length/width for the 2005 F4i (which are not listed on Honda's website), to compare to the Kawasaki 2005 ZZR600.
I'm trying to determine which bike is physically smaller.
Does anyone know which is smaller, or know where these specific specs can be found?
Thanks in advance for your help... :)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I don't think the length/width is a big factor in similar bikes.....they are all fairly close. Are you trying to choose which to buy?

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
Don't bother just go sit on them and see which feels more comfortable.

I sat on a lot of bikes and the Gixxers seemed big for me. I'm sure they aren't much b***** but they just seemed wider to me. But of course that's my opinion and it comes down to what's comfortable for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, upgrading from a Ninja250. My boyfriend has an old Katana, with a huge, akward tank, which I want to avoid. I want a detuned 600, as small and light as possible.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The Kawi is slightly larger and would make a better touring bike, but after considering both bikes back in '01 (they were almost exactly the same thing as they are now) I found the F4i to be a better all-around bike. Really though, they're both great and the Kawi has a peach of a mill. As far a Gixxers being big, I don't get that because I can't even fit on them. I'm 6'6 and I would have to shoehorn my legs on the pegs. I think the new F4i would be an excellent choice for what you're looking for. Many say it's one of the best all-around sportbikes ever made and I would have to agree.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey dude, I just purchased the 05 F4i, and I also shopped the ZZR600 when i was in the market.

Here are some slightly noticeable differences,
The ZZR is carbeurated, whereas the F4i obviously has fuel injection

Dry weight on the honda is 370 lbs, whereas the weight on the ZZR is 377, not a huge difference but significant to me.

Subjectively I liked the design better on the F4i as well, and Honda reliability to boot.

The ZZR does have significant price difference in its favor though. Much to consider, good luck on your choice!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow, I didnt realize that Kawi upgraded the zzr600 from that old terd they had. It looks like the nonSS 600 wars may be heating up!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd go with the ZZR600 for 3 reasons:
1) Its a Kawasaki! :headbang
2) Its waaaay cheaper. . . I don't think you really get enough performance for your buck with the F4i, considering its MSRP is the same as the R6, iirc.
3) NO BANANA SEAT! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
361 Posts
bssrf4 said:
Wow, I didnt realize that Kawi upgraded the zzr600 from that old terd they had. It looks like the nonSS 600 wars may be heating up!
not really, all they are doing is recycling old bikes back into the market as nonSS bikes. The F4i is the SS of honda from a few years ago, the zzr600 is a zx6r before the 636 came out and the yzf600r is the bike as it was before the r6 came out.

at least now we have some choices, but nobody (and can you blame them?) is making anything new for that market...

·
Registered
87 Posts
SurfNSB said:
I don't think you really get enough performance for your buck with the F4i, considering its MSRP is the same as the R6, iirc.
i thought the F4i and R6 were about the same when it came to performance??

·
Registered
288 Posts
SurfNSB said:
I'd go with the ZZR600 for 3 reasons:
1) Its a Kawasaki! :headbang
2) Its waaaay cheaper. . . I don't think you really get enough performance for your buck with the F4i, considering its MSRP is the same as the R6, iirc.
3) NO BANANA SEAT! :eek:nfloor
haha dude, its cheaper for a reason, primarily cuz its fit and finish is CHEAP.
I don't care what anybody says, you won't find a more reliable bike than Honda. I personally like the banana seat, a lot more comfortable than the two piece.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
kawarider said:
From everything I've read, it's the old ZX-6r with a detuned engine, nothing like the old ZZR600's. Thanks again though for the advice :cheers

The new ZZR is not a detued ZX-6R, it is identical to the old ZX-6R, nothing was detuned. Well, it is not green, so it may be slower :banana

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
kawarider said:
Thanks Wescoast for the reply. I'm actually only looking at the new 2005 ZZR600:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/14february05_zzr600.htm

From everything I've read, it's the old ZX-6r with a detuned engine, nothing like the old ZZR600's. Thanks again though for the advice :cheers
True.

The 05 ZZR600 is based from the 00 - 02 ZX6R platform with a slight detune and bodywork grafting that works well for the new ZZR. The bike should be listed around 377# dry wieght. There are plenty of parts out there for this machine. Plus, no bugs to work out. It is based from a winning machine, AMA & AMA PROSTAR.

:cheers

·
Registered
376 Posts
bssrf4 said:
looks pretty cool. but still the zzr im sure. yea the wars may be heatin up but just like the 05 yzf600r it is still a heavy 90hp havin peice. :neener
if there was ever a war in this class the f4i has blown it away before the war began.
the only one of those bikes i have not riden is the new zzr but i have riden the old one. one of the best bikes of its day. but the f3 at that time was better and the f4i is still better than the zzr600. but dont be mistaken the f4i handels like a dream it is still a fast bike with great track potential. only thing that makes that bike not the R is the banana seat.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
You guys are talking like the ZZR600 ('01 ZX6R) is such a slow pig compared to the brand new 600s.

http://sportrider.com/bikes/146_perf_nums/

Just look at the numbers......not much a difference at all. Since the bike were test on different days with different riders there really going to be much a noticable difference. 99% of riders will never use these sportbikes to their full potential anyway.

Dry weight on the honda is 370 lbs, whereas the weight on the ZZR is 377, not a huge difference but significant to me. :bitchslap :bitchslap

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Yep kawirider, when I said I was shopping around I meant for what they used to call the ZX-6R, which is a great bike. I think in '01 it won most of the shootouts in the 600s. Definately had the motor of the bunch, and definately had exceptional ergos. I was looking at a mint year-old bike for $4,500 but passed it up for an F4i same situation for $5k. Not sure why I did, but if I had to choose again it still would not be easy since bth are great. Honda definately has great fit and finish though, and I'm a details kind of guy.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Jammin_Johnny said:
True.

The 05 ZZR600 is based from the 00 - 02 ZX6R platform with a slight detune
This is the umpteenth time you've posted that and it's still wrong. The paint job and the upper fairing stays are the ONLY differences between the bikes. No softer suspension (like you've posted before) and no detune. IT'S THE SAME BIKE PEOPLE!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts