Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my oil today, does anyone have any special suggestions for how I should proceed with this ?

PLEASE HELP !

What fairing should I remove first and what other procedures should I look out for during the process ???

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I've got an 04 and all I can say is that it looks much easier on your bike. I think you could get away with just removing the lower left-side fairing (or the entire lower if it's one piece). Other than that, get a quality filter and oil, let the case drain as much as possible (rock the bike side to side at the end to get the most out), and you may need an oil filter wrench if this is your first change and the filter is factory tight. It's easy, the worst part for me is removing the entire left fairing-- hopefully you don't need to do this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FZR600R said:
Hey,
If you don't need to change the filter, you don't need to take any parts off to change the oil......

This is true, but the 636 is REALLY easy to change the filter because you only have to remove 3 screws on the lower fairing + 4 plastic clips on the bottom side, just pull the lower fairing to one side and I can get the filter out easily :)

It takes me a total of about 6 minutes to completely change the oil and filter.

:)

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
This is true, but the 636 is REALLY easy to change the filter because you only have to remove 3 screws on the lower fairing + 4 plastic clips on the bottom side, just pull the lower fairing to one side and I can get the filter out easily

It takes me a total of about 6 minutes to completely change the oil and filter.
I envy you. Not near my bike now, but I need to remove at least 7 screws to get that left side off. Time to think about getting some used plastics and experimenting with hacking them up to come off like an 05, should be fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts