Sport Bikes banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Millie "S" stickers for $22,500 the Factory R for something like $26,700....and you have wait like 6 weeks for it to get there:(........but that's about right they try to RAPE you if you buy any sort of motor vehicle in Hawaii.

Not to mention god help you need a part for something....

· Registered
380 Posts
I'd get the Aprillia if money wasn't the main concern. I've got a hard-on for the v-twins.

· Registered
380 Posts
I'd get the Aprillia if money wasn't the main concern. I've got a hard-on for the v-twins. :bananafu:

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
kadam said:
Either bike will put a sh*t eating grin on your face but the rsv will be puttin a chub in your pants for years to come
lol...thats some funny shit.

Thanks to everyone who bothered to reply.

This afternoon I went around to the Aprilia dealer and talked to the salesman and sat on the bike to see if it fit me. I'm short but stocky so the extra weight wasn't a problem and the seat height was similar to my 600.
Man, that red Aprilia is sex on wheels. I recon I did have a chub right there and then :) They look good in photos but are awesome in the flesh.

The riding I do is mainly street, on twisties all around the Sydney area with the occasional track day thrown in.
The money is not too much of an issue as I am lucky enough to be getting a redundancy payout in the next 2 months.
The only issue is being bikeless until then as a friend wants to buy my bike next week.The good thing is I have plenty of time to make up my mind. At this stage I am leaning towards the chubby...oops,I mean Aprilia.

· Registered
320 Posts
ty454 said:
Come on dudes, I live in Arlington and will be moving to Maryland in November. Please PM me the road! I won't tell anybody.

I will say that it looks like the road leading up to the skyline drive. I bet I could take that corner faster than any of you riding my Busa. Or something...

When you move to MD, we will turn you on, that's a promise!! :) :)

I don't know about you bustin anybody with your Busa on that kind of terrian, I dunno. :)

Then again, I am just a old street bike rider.

ceh

· Registered
320 Posts
RSRCR said:
i have seen you posting that picture everywhere, it looks fun but really doesnt impress me in terms of 'technical'....

anywho...my point is people arent going out on the street trying to get the fastest time. some people might, but hey whatever floats your boat. most people go out on the street to have a good time and enjoy a good ride.

i save the limits for the track. i ride about 70% of my limit on the street and not many people can start to push me past that because not many people are on my ass for very long.

if you want something technical, go to laguna seca or infineon raceway
"impress"????? If I am not mistaken, the original poster said NOTHING about TRACK. However, you clearly state the "track" in your post! Now, WHO is trying to IMPRESS?????

Again, the orginal poster DIDN'T mention anything about FASTEST TIME, you did, again, who is trying to IMPRESS??

And lasty, you stated your limit on the street.. Compared to what? Your track time?? Who mentioned your track time?

Sorry, I am sending the "impress" comment back to you with a little interest.. :)

Reread, comprehend, and then find out who is the "impressor" here!! :headbang

And to the original poster's question, IMO, he should go with the gixxer. The Millie, like other sportbike Vtwins are IMO purist's machines. You gotta love the Vtwin. Ducs, Aprillia, RC51, TL1000R, are all on the same wave length, and IMO, not to be compared with an inline 4. And by the way, you couldn't pry the Vtwin away from the owners that understand them.. :) :)

Flame suit in ready position... :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

· Registered
927 Posts
"impress"????? If I am not mistaken, the original poster said NOTHING about TRACK. However, you clearly state the "track" in your post! Now, WHO is trying to IMPRESS?????
so when people speak of the race track they speak in an attempt to impress? i was saying that limits are for the track, the street is to have fun.

Again, the orginal poster DIDN'T mention anything about FASTEST TIME, you did, again, who is trying to IMPRESS??
i said people on the street ARENT going out to run the fastest time. they go out on the street to enjoy a good time.

And lasty, you stated your limit on the street.. Compared to what? Your track time?? Who mentioned your track time?
my point was people dont run 10/10's on the street.

and the orignal poster didnt mention anything about negotiating turns at a brisk pace.

im not here to flame you...i dont understand how a simple disagreement can get people so steamed.... :cry

· Registered
522 Posts
Get both.

Problem solved...:D:D:D

· Registered
183 Posts
We have a Aprillia dealer here but the base modles are going for $17,000+ i.e to rich for my blood

Millie "S" stickers for $22,500 the Factory R for something like $26,700....and you have wait like 6 weeks for it to get there........but that's about right they try to RAPE you if you buy any sort of motor vehicle in Hawaii.

List price for Milles are $13.5 for the standard RSVR and $18 for the Ohlins'd Factory, respectively. There is no such machine as a Mille "S." Though I can neither confirm nor deny the degree of dealer gouging on Hawaii since the last time I was there was in the 80's. But paying 2/3rds more for the standard, and 50% more for the Factory seems pretty damned out of line, if you ask me.

Since a Ducati 999S lists for $22,995, I will presume you are simply mistaken about which Italian brand is which. (If anyone's curious, a 999R lists for $30, and the base 999 is $17.7).

And Howard: RSCR was replying to a 3rd person who said to get the Gixxer 'cause it's faster on the track. I took his statement to mean simply that the measured differences in track performance between current sportbikes are irrelevant to a street rider. Why??? They're *both* essentially unlimited in the day to day context, and it's only when someone takes them to a track and rides them near their limits that any measurable differences can be found. For all practical intents, it'll be more of a question of an individual beng more comfortable on one bike or the other one. Not a flame - Just pointing out that the argument was not necessary.

And I really like your point about not prying a V-Twin away from their owners/lovers... :headbang

Scott :)

· Registered
33 Posts
I know this is an old thread.....but after owning 3 I4's and putting over 60k miles on them....it's time for a change. The 07 R1 is now $11,700 and the new RSVR is $13,999(I got it for $13,100 plus tax). Apples and Oranges, YES.

I'll be picking up my 07 RSVR around Christmas....first twin and I can't wait.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.