Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,203 Posts
firefighter81 said:
That's like saying "get the Ford Mustang Cobra , it's faster than that Ferrari 308" It's not just about speed, riding an Italian bred bike is a different experience altogether, it's "overpriced" it may not beat the 750 in the books or even the track, but it's just a more "exotic" riding experience, I don't know how else to say it. Go with the Aprilia, it's an awesome bike, and I think the MSRP on them is $11,999 where the GSXR is $8000, so yeah, more money, but you get what you pay for with the Priller.
so basically you're paying more money for something no one has, right? i wouldnt pay more money for a bike that doesnt perform as well, and costs more money for parts just because its "exotic". give me a break :lame

· Registered
5,203 Posts
nig said:
Dismount the spec sheet and step away slooowly :)

I'd go for the Aprilia unless money is an issue to you. I agree with whoever said that going from a Gix 6 to a 750 is pretty boring. Unless what you want is a faster version of your bike, in which case, by all means get the Gixxer. The Aprilia will be a bit and heavier heavier also, so if you're a small guy, you might feel more comfy tossing the Suzuki around. They're really just two completely different bikes, you have to decide what you want, V-twin or another Inline 4. If you plan on keeping the bike for a while I'd also check into the reliability of Aprilia, though from what little I know it's quite good. The Japanese bikes are all bulletproof, of course. What kind of riding do you plan on doing, exactly?
give me the gixxer and the extra money and ill have a bike that the aprilla wont be able to touch. not just speed wise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.