Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
927 Posts
snigg said:
give me the gixxer and the extra money and ill have a bike that the aprilla wont be able to touch. not just speed wise
who cares dude...the street is not the track.

i agree with you though if it were for a track bike...but i would rather have a nice twin for the street.

· Registered
927 Posts
cehowardrx7 said:
I will tell you who cares. People that have street bikes, and negotiate these kind of roads at a brisk pace.. :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)
i have seen you posting that picture everywhere, it looks fun but really doesnt impress me in terms of 'technical'....

anywho...my point is people arent going out on the street trying to get the fastest time. some people might, but hey whatever floats your boat. most people go out on the street to have a good time and enjoy a good ride.

i save the limits for the track. i ride about 70% of my limit on the street and not many people can start to push me past that because not many people are on my ass for very long.

if you want something technical, go to laguna seca or infineon raceway

· Registered
927 Posts
i dont know what your problem is buddy. i know who howard is (obviously not personally) but i have seen him posting around and i know he is wise and i dont doubt his capabilities, nor anyone elses. i dont go around telling people they cant ride, or they are slow...especially if i dont know them. i was simply making a point that most riders dont go out and try to be valentino rossi on the street.

and i dont know why you are upset about my comment...i cant make a judgment about the turn or that road considering i have never ridden on it. but from that picture it just looks like a fun, decreasing radius turn. (*double check*, yeah, i did say it looked fun in my last post.)

and i am goin to go ahead and say that im not slow. this is my first season racing and first time on these tracks out here in california and i run top 10 in times. my finishing results have not been 'impressive' because i was unable to race at infineon but was able to do saturday practice and had top 10 times. when i went to thunderhill i started 46th (i had to start in LAST because it was my first time, EVER, at the track and had no times to post) and finished 23rd (made up 23 places in 6 laps) and had a times equal to 8th place. and that was my first time at the track. the 250 class (2 stroke, not ninja 250s) is a very competive class with very fast riders.

so go ahead, call me slow, call me a troll, i dont give a flying fuck. but i have respect for people. enough to not go out and talk shit to them and call them slow. :boid

· Registered
927 Posts
"impress"????? If I am not mistaken, the original poster said NOTHING about TRACK. However, you clearly state the "track" in your post! Now, WHO is trying to IMPRESS?????
so when people speak of the race track they speak in an attempt to impress? i was saying that limits are for the track, the street is to have fun.

Again, the orginal poster DIDN'T mention anything about FASTEST TIME, you did, again, who is trying to IMPRESS??
i said people on the street ARENT going out to run the fastest time. they go out on the street to enjoy a good time.

And lasty, you stated your limit on the street.. Compared to what? Your track time?? Who mentioned your track time?
my point was people dont run 10/10's on the street.

and the orignal poster didnt mention anything about negotiating turns at a brisk pace.

im not here to flame you...i dont understand how a simple disagreement can get people so steamed.... :cry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.