Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't dug into it real deep yet but I did take a few glances and now I have a couple questons, 1 how do the rear blinker stalks come off and 2 where's the bolts/screws that hold the stock rear fender on there? It looks as if I should be able to access them through the passenger seat however I didn't see them when I took it of do I have to remove something else first? Thanks for any help guys!

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Here's how you do it:

1. Take off passenger AND rider seat.
2. Remove all rear plastics.
3. Unbolt rear fender (8mm bolts if I remember correctly, and you MUST to the above first).
4. There are 2 bolts are the rear most part of the fender. Keep them. You now need to drill holes in the stock under tray to match where those bolts came from. Drill holes, then install bolts.
5. Put everything else back together.
6. Go to the hardware store, and find some (thin) L shaped brackets. I found mine at Lowe's in the same section as gutters.
7. Bend, drill, whatever it takes to fabricate a liscense plate/turn signal bracket, using the stock metal liscense plate bracket off the original fender.
8. You're done. For about $0.75, you've made your home made fender eliminator.

The turn signal's have a 8mm nut on the back side. Remove the nut, and they fall off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I apreciate it! Not quite sure how to get the plastics off or the driver seat but I'm sure I'll figure it out as I go. Thanks again!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great little tutorial, took about an hour and a half and cost me a whole .68 and looks a 100 times better! :banana

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Post up some pics. I wanna see if you got yours just like I got mine.

Glad my info above helped you out. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts