Sport Bikes banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend a few of my friends and I went for a ride near a lake around me. The ride itself was only about a 30 mile ride but once we got to the town at the end and I was shifting down to stop at the light, my engine completely cut out on me. I had to keep at about 4k rpms while pulling away from the light so that it wouldn't cut out on me. The whole ride to the next town I had to keep it above 6k because if it got less than that it would sound like it was bogging down or having some sort of trouble. I rode it 16 miles like that until we pulled off at a McDonalds. After letting it sit for a minute and talking about how my friends smelled a strong exhaust smell from my bike, I started it back up and it let out a decent backfire which shot about 3 feet from the exhaust. I eventually got it back to my house and it's been sitting in the garage since. The previous owner said his brother repacked the exhaust so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or if i'm going to have to into the engine and see if something in there is causing it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts