Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which model bike would you choose out of the '04 lineups for a great starter stunt bike? ( or even an experienced stunters bike )

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
None. Why would you get a brand new bike that will look like shit after a week. What kind of stunts? Wheelies and stoppies or the technical stuff?

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
brentsR6 said:
not an R6, theres better stunters out there for sure. i wouldnt even get an 04 to stunt with anyway. but if i had to pick itd be a gixxer 1000 or 750
+1 i got an R6, and it is good for wheelies and whatnot, but i would guess that something with more power would be better for other stunting

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
its not as much the power as it is the delivery/frame/twitchiness in standups, etc. R6s arent down on power compared to other 600s but yeah vs liter bikes, which id rather stunt anyway

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i would have to say a gixx6 or 750. a 1000 is overkill for wheelies. these are of course for stunt bikes. 600's i would get for a stunt bike. but i would have to go with the others, dont get a new bike. itll piss you off when you drop it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
900rr. Not new though. 96-99. Spend as little money as possible because your basiclly going to be ragging on it the whole time your on it, Dropping it, looping it, etc. Theres no reason to buy a new bike to stunt with unless maybe your the guy in the general sportbike forum thats dad is giving him 25k for a bike. Oh, and invest in all the gear you can, cause your gonna fall.

·
KEEP YOUR ENEMYS CLOSER
167 Posts
by a beat up cbr 600 f4 or f4i.......even An f3 like this one
that way if you drop it you wont care as much as you would with an 04 \
model.....this is my boy J-SMOOTH (jeremy) from east coast extremes

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thx yall, basically i just wanted to get an idea of which of the 04 models you guys thought would be good for stunting. i've just been reading some interseting articles on the new models in sport bike magazine, so it just got me thinkin.
thx AWOL

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
have you ever wheelied a 1000? its easy, but you have to watch that throttle too much! a 600 is enough power to stunt.
of course a 600 has enough power to stunt, but that doesnt make it a more logical choice over a liter bike. have i wheelied a 1000? yes i have, but the thing with 1000s over 600s is that at low speeds, liter bikes get up easier/at lower rpms than 600s with stock gearing. would i rather stunt a 600 over a liter bike? no. id take the power and low end grunt of a 1000 over a 600 any day. liter bikes id say are better than 600s at highway wheelies as well, just cause of the fact that at the same speeds and gear, a liter bike wont be revving as high as a 600 and a 1000 could get up in third more readily than a 600, which slows the response of the bike to throttle inputs. yeah you can get a 600 up in second and shift to third, but you wouldnt have to deal with that on a 1000. and besides, a good stunter with decent throttle control doesnt have a problem with the "touchy" throttle of a liter bike compared to a 600. all my buds that stunt a liter now and a 600 back in the day keep tellin me how much they love stuntin a 1000 over a 600.

·
Registered
12 Posts
eh I can get my bone stock 6 up in 3rd.

1k's are over kill.

i hear ya on the low end grunt for a little b***** than a 6 bike. But u can also gear a 6. But now i'm on a 929. its seems like more than enough. Remember its comparable to a 750 not a 1k, even if it has almost 200cc over it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
evils-03-RR said:
929RR and 954RR seem to be favorites in the videos I've watched, I know the 929 is a fairly light bike for a litre bike. 7G's for a stunt bike is nucking futs. Try 2500-4000 is a better place to spend it. But if you have the money the 04 ZX-6r is the most powerful 600 bike, it's dyno is 111RWHP and 47RWT

but most of the magazines I saw had the gix over the zx, so once again its all rider.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
its always gonna be rider, it gets to a point where its stupid to argue that one bike is a better stunter than the other. besides, its all really a matter of opinion; id take a liter over a 600 for stuntin if you ask me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts