Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the F1 code means? I dont want to take it to the stealership. And wont have time to go to a local shop anytime soon. A friend changed out my slip on pipe last night but we had to remove the midpipe to make sure the gasket was still ok.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
This seems to be a common probably with the 05 GSX-R 1000s (the not as fast black one :lol ) I haven't heard anything about the preivous years models but a buddy of mine that got his bike around the same time that I did has had his FI light come on 4 times before he even broke it in. And from what he said it only happens when he is slowing down at a light or stop sign or something like that. So he took it to the dealership and they checked everything out and said it was fine. The oil was changed twice w/i 1000 miles. Wanting to get a second opinion he took it to a local bike shop and they looked at it also and said everything "seems" fine but gave hime an explanation of what could possibly be causing his FI light to come on. They said that when he was slowing down his fuel injection system was remapping to ensure proper power delivery. Ive never heard that before. But he just had a new Yosh system and had his fuel injection system remapped and hasnt had a problem since. BTW his oil pressure warning indicator came on a few times as well but it hasnt come on again either so we're assuming that it was all linked to the same problem. You should get it checked out. Its usually something simple but the dealer will wanna charge out the ass if your warranty is up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called the dealer and they said it may have to do with the flapper. also said that aftermarket pipes dont use the flapper and they remove it. he said to bring it in and have it remapped $88 bux.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Do you still have the stock midpipe on there? When your buddy removed it and reinstalled it, it may have not
gone back on properly. The code could very well be in connection with the exhaust valve in the mid pipe.
If it's not functioning properly, or not at all, in the case of a full system, the F1 code will display.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the stock midpipe is still on there. I am going to have him recheck all the fittings this weekend. thanks for the replies

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
you might also want to check out gixxer.com they should have a list of the codes if you need them and a how to on the dealer mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts