Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to decide whether to keep the FZ or sell. I guess it would depend on the level of interest and whether my wife kills me or not for all the money I've dumped into it :hshot

Not even sure what to ask or if I should part some of it out...suggestions? I'm thinking in the upper 5K, low 6K as it sits right now. If you are interested, you can PM and we can discuss.

2004 with ~8400 miles. Just had the 8K service done a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty meticulous with my maintenance outside of the service intervals (cleaning chain, washing, etc.)

Mods are as follows:
-brand new set of Michelin Pilot Powers
-BMC air filter
-R6 Fork Mod (from a 2004) with Goodridge SS braided lines and new EBC pads
-PCIII
-Two Bros exhaust
-Dyno tuned map.

I'm the original owner and the miles are basically all highway. Broken in properly. No stunting. Never dumped. I have all the factory parts still, and I even have one of FAZR6's FE kits (brand new in box...wanted one just in case :) )

I can get some pics up a little later.

I have an R1 in the works and this is the hardest decision I've ever made over a bike. This is a great bike but I think I'm trying to turn it into something it's not.

·
Registered
419 Posts
You can always sell the Mods separately. Dibs on everything but the R6 forks! :lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone interested in the exhaust/PCIII/dyno map as a unit? I'm thinking about $1K + shipping (actual shipping costs to where you are). The cans are carbon fiber.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was wondering about one thing... and it's completly off topic, but here it goes:

I was thinking of getting an Air Filter.. precisely the brand you have. What do you think of it... major differences... did the fuel consumption increase.. (from... to...)

Thanks! Please reply to my PM box.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Average retail WITH the exhaust according to NADA is only $5150 so I think high 5K/low 6K is a bit steep especially when you can get a new one with a warranty for only $6600.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crazymofo said:
Average retail WITH the exhaust according to NADA is only $5150 so I think high 5K/low 6K is a bit steep especially when you can get a new one with a warranty for only $6600.
With carbon fiber exhaust, r6 forks and brakes, brand new tires, lower cowling (sorry, forgot to list this), PCIII, BMC air filter and fresh service?

I hate NADA and KB for how they quote customized vehicles. It's such a distorted view of a market. Also, here in California you'll pay closer to $7800+ for a brand new one...

Regardless, I've decided to keep the bike (in stock form) for the time being.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts