Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 04 daytona is over heating when im ridding through town getting up as high as 250. Im not familiar with this bike as ive had it less than a year so any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
OK then, time to start checking things like the fan itself, fuses and the thermo switches.

Don't let it get so hot in the meantime since it's very harmful to the engine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you consider this a pretty easy thing to do? Ive changed spark plugs and the oil on my last bike before but besides that havent done any engine work myself, but always willing to try it and have acces to plenty of tools and a garage.

And i avoiding ridding it in the city, mostly country and highways rides where it stays down at 170-180

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yeah, it's just troubleshooting.

Maybe you could find a factory manual on the Triumph forums.

First check the fuses. Then I would verify the fan works by running hot jumper leads to it. Then I would check the radiator thermo fan switch.

I'll try to dig up a manual if I get a chance.

It's a Daytona, but what engine size? I'm not all that up on Triumphs.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Yep, sounds like either the power to the fan isn't there (fuse or wiring) or the thermo sensor isn't calling for fan (sensor or wiring).

Also, is your radiator full? If it's really low, the temperature gauge sensor may work, but the fan sensor (not the same) may not work correctly.

If you check the radiator, make sure to do so when the engine/coolant is COLD.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea the coolant levels are good, im not that mechanically challenged to check it when its hot haha. Tomorrow after work im going to start with checking the fuse to the fan and go from there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.