Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are these bikes any good? I found a craiglist ad on one that had 11,000 miles and has already had 4 diff. owners, could that be a bad sign. And is $5500 dollars too much for the bike

·
cheekybeast
1,557 Posts
They are a ton of fun! If you ever need to remove the tail fairing, good luck getting it off without cracking it.

Theres a secret compartment under the right side fairing.

If the bike is in good condition, get it! I definately give the 600rr two thumbs up :)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
cheekybeast said:
Theres a secret compartment under the right side fairing.
Hahaha. thats why i bought mine!

Nah its a great bike. Like any other 600 its real weak down low and then kicks you in the nuts at about 8k rpm. $5500 is about right for one. Just look it over and make sure the guy knows what he is talking about. I dont know what to think about 4 owners, but it wouldn't break the deal for me as long as everything looks good.

:smilierr

·
cheekybeast
1,557 Posts
FizzerMeTimbers said:
Hahaha. thats why i bought mine!

Nah its a great bike. Like any other 600 its real weak down low and then kicks you in the nuts at about 8k rpm. $5500 is about right for one. Just look it over and make sure the guy knows what he is talking about. I dont know what to think about 4 owners, but it wouldn't break the deal for me as long as everything looks good.

:smilierr

What is the point of that space? It is covered up by the fairings normally... I can only think of smuggling illegal stuff, HAHAHA

·
Registered
426 Posts
thats a fair price. I bought mine for 6K w/ an extra set of fairings.

These bikes are fun as hell. And forget about them being slow in the low RPM range. Thats crap. They are plenty fast enough.

the space in the right fairing is for the tool kit. I took mine out and put one of my HID ballasts there.

If you know what you are doing you should not crack the rear fairing. I've taken mine off at least a dozen times and never cracked it. Check out 600rr.net if you want any more convincing.

I recommend getting a 520 quick accel conversion kit for this bike.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
cheekybeast said:
What is the point of that space? It is covered up by the fairings normally... I can only think of smuggling illegal stuff, HAHAHA
mine has a bunch of tools, like the socket for the rear axel and stuff like that. pretty schweet

·
Banned
45 Posts
They are a ton of fun! If you ever need to remove the tail fairing, good luck getting it off without cracking it.
only newbs have a hard time taking the tail fairing off. it's easy

·
Registered
87 Posts
paid 6k for mines and it came loaded. Scorpio Alarm, fender eliminator, flush mounted turn signals, corbin seat, new tires and 4300 miles

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
I bought a 2006 600RR two months ago in mint condition with 1900 miles on it for $4500. Deals can be had if you look long enough!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
they are great bikes, I had an 03 600RR and put about 28k miles on it w/no problems and would get another one. I sold my 03 w/mods for $4k just to get rid of it fast.

I would offer the seller less and see what they have to say, they might go down alittle bit on the asking price.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
I had an '03. Great bike. Despite not having the USD forks and radial brakes it handles like its on rails and stopping power is very good.

It *is*a little anemic in the low RPMs. That doesn't mean the bike isn't fast, it does 70+ in first. Just compare it to any modern literbike or any modern sporting twin to see what I mean.

There is nothing to put you off from buying one. They are rock solid mechanically, will go as fast as you can ride it and even if you're not Rossi they are very easy for almost anyone to ride well due to the well engineered suspension and power delivery.

If they were more comfortable I'd probably still have mine. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for all the replies everybody, i am now sold on getting a 600rr. if only i could find a good deal on one...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts