Sport Bikes banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Tripped said:
This from a guy who hasn't driven his car in 6 months. I go everywhere on two wheels.
Dam, I thought I was hardcore, didn't drive my cage for 3 months. But, 6 months.. :dblthumb You be bad!! :)

On the gix vs the 1000rr, one should go a gix forum, see what they are blabbing about, then go to a 1000rr forum, and check them out. After getting the pros and cons, make your mind up. Most likely both bikes will be way over the guy/gal's head anyway.

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Tripped said:
Isn't anything special........surely you jest. Think less with your hormones and use your head.

600s are a hell of a lot faster than nearly anything else on the road. I was riding on the street for 6 years when I got my first liter bike. It took me at least 2 months to get to where I could handle it comfortably. Your talking about bikes the have 160+ hp at the rear wheel and only wiegh 635 or so with a near 200lbs rider and a full tanks of gas. A GSXR1000 makes more torque at 6000 rpm than your 600 makes....period. You can't imagine the thrust it puts out at 10k. The first rule to surviving the street is that stuff happens. Stuff happens ALOT faster on a big with that kind of juice. I started riding at 8 years old and on the street a 14. I rode a ZX-10R and you what, I wouldn't buy that bike because it was far and away to much bike. It's constant battle to keep the rear from spinning and the front wheel on the ground. This from a guy who hasn't driven his car in 6 months. I go everywhere on two wheels.

hey Tripped...ive ridin a gixxer1 and yeah its powerfull. so you can go tell your life stories to some troll that doesnt have a bike. :hshot

· Registered
456 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
hey Tripped...ive ridin a gixxer1 and yeah its powerfull. so you can go tell your life stories to some troll that doesnt have a bike. :hshot
for a young pup, you sure have supposly riddern alot of bikes. IF i was a gambling man i would have to bet that you havent ridden all those bikes

· Registered
1,898 Posts
I know you didn't list it and I hate to do this, but the Kawi 10R is utterly brilliant in green. Having sat on every new liter bike from the big four, the Kawi is truly in a class of its own, unless you want a literbike the size of a 250 which would be the R1. Between the Gixxer and the 1000R, personally I would get the 1000R for comfort and that nice HESD damper.

· Registered
42 Posts
i believe when motorcycleusa.com did a track review, the gixxer thou had the slowest lap time. from my experience with honda's vs suzuk's, the honda's have a much smoother powerband

· Registered
2,679 Posts
If you care about wheeling and stunting, why on earth would you pay 10K for a brand new superbike. Get a Buell or an old 900 RR if you want to stunt.

· Registered
3,760 Posts
I would try to get a test ride on each, maybe from the dealer or a private seller to see which you feel better on. Just my opinion though, keep us updated.

· Registered
569 Posts
Mr. G said:
I have a question. I have always heard how there are so much GSXR's out there but doesn't Honda sell more bikes? Maybe thier market share is based more on other models?
Sorta, there are a billion and a half CBR600's out there. F4's and F4i's everywhere. I just don't see many of Hondas big hitters around much. I very rarely ever see any RC51's, 954RR's, 1000RR's, or CBR1100XX's anywhere. But there's no shortage of R1's or GSX-R 1000's. Hell, I pulled over yesterday and gave a GSX-R 1000 guy a push start on the side of the road.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.