Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new rocket but am having trouble deciding on whether I sould purchase the new GSXR or 1000RR. Seeing how no one will let you test drive anything around here I need help? :cool:

·
Registered
912 Posts
What have you ridden before?

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
The 1000RR has the best suspension of the new big 4, and has the undertail exhaust, so that would make the case for me.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
how long have you been ridin? :twofinger since im not racer x or anyone else...gixxer1k!!! i have to admit the RR looks mean in black!

·
Registered
912 Posts
GSXR 1k is the way to go

·
Registered
148 Posts
Performance wise, you can't go wrong with either of them. Just goto the dealership and go sit on both. Go to sleep that night and when you wake up you will know which one you want.

Don't believe me? Try it...

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
considering each is essentially a Superbike with lights, I'd never come close to using all the potential there.
So for me with would boil down to the details.

1) The CBR is supposed to be more linear and smooth, a premium for the street and less tiring to ride.
2) That undertail is sexy, and bone stock is better than any aftermarket can (it's full system or nothing for a CBR1000)
3) Honda is famous for it's fit and finish.
4) not another GSX-R!!!! Great bikes, which is why so many are sold, but in about any group, like half the riders have one.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would agree that there as too many Gixxer's out there. Be different and buy the Honda. From what I've read the GSXR1000 is more race oriented and faster but for street riding I would buy the Honda if I was in the market. The CBR1000RR is my dream bike... maybe some day??

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
If it's your first bike, NEITHER!! if it's not, the I'd have to say the 1000RR!!

RIDE RED!

·
Aww cinnamon an' gravy!
107 Posts
Go with the RR it inspires more confidence and is a lot more linear in it's power delivery, its a lot more comfortable than the Gix as well.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I got hte 1kRR and i said no to the gixxr cause everyone and their mother has one.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
who gives a flyin fuck if everybody has a damn gixxer!!! the CBR is heavier and doesnt have the throttle responce that the gixxer has. but their both liters! if your takin it to the track the gixxer is the way to go. but since your probably on the streets it really doesnt matter!!! if you wanna be "different" get a HD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah its sounding like everyone is going for the Honda. I personally have had two GIXXERS....600 and 750 so I am familiar with the Suzuki however, I am really getting into wheelies and stunts and some of my buds tell me that the Honda has a better balance point for wheelies. I am going to go sit on both I guess and just pick one. Thank you all for the responses..Very Useful

·
Registered
569 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
who gives a flyin fuck if everybody has a damn gixxer!!! the CBR is heavier and doesnt have the throttle responce that the gixxer has. but their both liters! if your takin it to the track the gixxer is the way to go. but since your probably on the streets it really doesnt matter!!! if you wanna be "different" get a HD.
Why is the GSX-R the way to go if you're taking it to the track?

If it were my money I'd buy the 1000RR. If you've got the experience to handle either of these go for the one that makes your dick harder.

·
Registered
456 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
and this bold statement comes from a 15 yr old kid. you dont know shit about the 1kRR so dont make any compilments about it. you only know what ppl say about it and not exprerienced it

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Quik said:
and this bold statement comes from a 15 yr old kid. you dont know shit about the 1kRR so dont make any compilments about it. you only know what ppl say about it and not exprerienced it

your right, never had the chance on a 1000. but if its anything like the 600, it isnt anything special! it looks good though...and BTW there are these things called a b-day. i am finally legal on the 600 and for a while im stuck to my 250! oh well...after the paint and everything else itll look great! :twofinger

·
Registered
84 Posts
Isn't anything special........surely you jest. Think less with your hormones and use your head.

600s are a hell of a lot faster than nearly anything else on the road. I was riding on the street for 6 years when I got my first liter bike. It took me at least 2 months to get to where I could handle it comfortably. Your talking about bikes the have 160+ hp at the rear wheel and only wiegh 635 or so with a near 200lbs rider and a full tanks of gas. A GSXR1000 makes more torque at 6000 rpm than your 600 makes....period. You can't imagine the thrust it puts out at 10k. The first rule to surviving the street is that stuff happens. Stuff happens ALOT faster on a big with that kind of juice. I started riding at 8 years old and on the street a 14. I rode a ZX-10R and you what, I wouldn't buy that bike because it was far and away to much bike. It's constant battle to keep the rear from spinning and the front wheel on the ground. This from a guy who hasn't driven his car in 6 months. I go everywhere on two wheels.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts