Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if these bikes are comparable in any way. How many horsepower do they have?? I think they are both decent bikes to start on. My neighbor recently bought a katana for his first bike and says that its not too bad besides the fact that its a bit heavy when hes going slow. One of my buddies got an 03 ZZR this past spring. He says personally he thinks its a bit too fast but he was able to handle it OK. Both took the MSF course and then bought their bikes. Im taking into consideration for both bikes for starters. What yall think??

·
Registered
238 Posts
I started on a katana 600 granted it was a 92...
its HEAVY... i mean... HEAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVYYY
low speed practice is gonna be a bitch.
its pretty stable though...

ZZr600 is older zx6r... dont think that would be a wise choice.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Katana's make a pretty good starter bike. I started on mine about 3 months ago with no riding experience, and my friends all made fun of me. In the end though they are amazed at how quickly I've progressed, and just how snappy the kat can be in the right hands...

Yes it is heavy, and yes it is a bitch to maneuver at low speeds. You get used to it though, and the very high center of gravity actually seems to help the bike drop in to and pull out of turns amazingly quickly for a bike this size. Even on the crappy OEM tires I can get through the twisties faster than most of my friends on 'real' sport bikes. They're all posers though, so I try not to compare my riding to theirs to much...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts