Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm currenyly riding a 00 r6 and looking to upgrade.
Theres a choice between an 03 r6 and 04 636.
Both are bascially stock,except the r6 has a hotbodies undertail exhaust and some cosmetic thingys added. the r6 is blue and the 636 is orange. The r6 has 8xxxkm, while the 636 has 14xxxkm. both are roughtly the same price.
anyhow, just wondering what is the better choice.
Mechanically, the 636 has more advantages like radial brakes, inverted fork and more power and torque. The r6 is a nice bike too, i like it better cosmetically but i heard they have abrupt throttle response?
I ride the street almost everyday, I'm still a noob, but i consider myself to be an OK rider, I always ride within my limits.I also commute to work on my bike.
They are both pretty mint bikes, I'm just worried of the higher mileage on the 636. where i live 14xxxkms is ALOT, as riding time is limited due to lots of rain.

I know i can't really ask but what would you guys choose.
any opinions is greatly appreciated!
cheers,mike.

·
Banned
216 Posts
wait a minute your gonna upgrade from an R6 to another R6????? just making sure im hearing this right. I would go with a Gixxer 750 if your gonna "upgrade"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, the 03 r6 is FI injected also correct?. Lighter and has revised suspension settings.
I'm upgrading but i want to stay in the 600cc relm. I had a zx-7 before and perfer the feel of a 600cc

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Warp9Racing said:
well, the 03 r6 is FI injected also correct?. Lighter and has revised suspension settings.
I'm upgrading but i want to stay in the 600cc relm. I had a zx-7 before and perfer the feel of a 600cc
What's the mileage on your R6? Although the '03 has some improvements over the 2000 version, it won't be that big of a difference. I guess if I had to choose it'd be the 636, just because of more displacement and thus stronger midrange for everyday street riding than the R6. Not to mention that my favorite color is orange.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I would keep the bike. The difference will be minimal If you really want a newer bike go with the 636. It has a little more power and may justify the cost of getting a new bike. My 00' zx6r is so close to my friends 03' gsxr that I probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference if I road the two of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts