Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the biker world, just bought my 03 R6, has a yosh slip on and a power commander dynojet 3, ive had it about a month, it ran fine but recently my idle bobbles a bit and when I take off in first gear it seems to hesitate alittle until it hits 2k-2.5k rpm then takes off and runs normal, im not sure what the last owner ran for fuel but I have been running prem fuel, could this be a possible issue being the power commander might have been tuned to running regular fuel ? could running higher octane screw up the air fuel ratio its been tuned with? Might sound stupid but like I said im new to the game and don't want to send it to the shop and fork out a bunch of dough for some tech to tell me it was cause my change in fuel. Thanks in advance for any and all help, I'm willing to try anything to avoid the expensive hourly rates of a dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The octane rating of your fuel shouldn't matter. Only ignition timing should be changed with variations of octane rating; and the Power Commander alone can not change the timing unless you have the additional Ignition Module accessory.

If you can connect a computer to your Power Commander, you might start by retrieving the current map, attaching it to an e-mail along with your problem description and bike desription, and send that to [email protected].

1 - 2 of 2 Posts