Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is my first post on sportbikes.net even though i have been browsing on here for months. Allow me to introduce myself and my bike. I have a 2003 GSXR Alstare with minor cosmetic mods such as flush front indicators, removed bulky rear indicators and fender, changed grips, Front, rear, and handle bar frame sliders (yellow of course), and everything else is stock. I am wondering what direction i should pursue next. I am looking into an undertail with built in indicators so i can reinstate my rear indicators, as well as a chainguard / mudguard to replace my stocker ugly black one. I also want to move into performance now, the bike is fully stock and i have 7500 miles on her already. I want to pursue a full exhaust system from headers all the way out and a power commander as well. What order would you all recomend me go and also, where can i get more info in detail on exhaust systems and their differences/pros/cons????

As far as cosmetics go i am thinking of pursuing a chrome/polished look on all metal/aluminum pieces, do u guys think this is worth it considering this is a limited edition motorcycle and how would this affect the bikes value???????

Thanks for the advice/help in advance guys, and sorry for the long posting!!!!

Javi
~03' Alstare

·
Registered
7 Posts
what you need is Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins Forks. Different gearing, Yoshimura(or anything similar) Headers and Pipe. Power Commander, and re-built engine. then youll be set. or you can always get a Ducati 999R

·
Registered
137 Posts
Power commander and full exhaust

So, get a power commander, and full exhaust, Yosh makes a good exhaust, hindle. look around. after you have it installed get it mapped then worry about polishing everything. I'm not really into polishing stuff that doesnt come that way...To each his own.

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
i got the same bike, all i have done to it is a yosh exhaust, changed the grips, flush mount turn signals and i have a tank protector, gas cap protector and a yoke protector..all of the protectors match the bike scheme, purple and gold and say alstare on them..found them on www.tankpads.com or you can find them on ebay sometimes...haven't done anything else to it...i;d like an undertail though in the future...i'll post pics when i have them

·
Registered
158 Posts
well i personaly dont like the polished look but like it was said to each is own, ive insatlled flush mounts on front, and a rear tail turn intergrater, i cut down the rear so its not quit so big, and removed the signals, a carbonfreek db windscreen, a scorpion carbonfiber slip on, and sliders on frame and swingarm. as far as value i dont know. it depends on what you want more performance mods or cosmetics, what is more inportant to you. only you can decide.

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
wow, i thought somone had the same profile picture as me and posted on here. then i realized this was a 4 yr old thread that i replied to!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts