Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is my first post on sportbikes.net even though i have been browsing on here for months. Allow me to introduce myself and my bike. I have a 2003 GSXR Alstare with minor cosmetic mods such as flush front indicators, removed bulky rear indicators and fender, changed grips, Front, rear, and handle bar frame sliders (yellow of course), and everything else is stock. I am wondering what direction i should pursue next. I am looking into an undertail with built in indicators so i can reinstate my rear indicators, as well as a chainguard / mudguard to replace my stocker ugly black one. I also want to move into performance now, the bike is fully stock and i have 7500 miles on her already. I want to pursue a full exhaust system from headers all the way out and a power commander as well. What order would you all recomend me go and also, where can i get more info in detail on exhaust systems and their differences/pros/cons????

As far as cosmetics go i am thinking of pursuing a chrome/polished look on all metal/aluminum pieces, do u guys think this is worth it considering this is a limited edition motorcycle and how would this affect the bikes value???????

Thanks for the advice/help in advance guys, and sorry for the long posting!!!!

Javi
~03' Alstare

·
Registered
912 Posts
WTF is an ALSTARE?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Seriously, go the good way, forget about all the power mods for now and go for suspension. First get the suspension set up for your weight and go from there with suspension mods. Suspension will make your bike quicker than power mods, unless you just go in a straight line everywhere you go.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd agree with the suspension mods..... but I saw a couple weeks bag one of the bike mags had a HUGE slip-on test... something like 50 pipes they tested, and rated. I forget which mag though, but you may wanna check the newsstand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you wanna list? Suspention is good, get you fast on the bike before making the bike faster. but if you are fast, then you will need several things as far as mods. Nikko G-pak on a suzuki is a good idea, this removes the factory rpm limitation and is very effective for max torque and power from 2000 up to 7500 rpm's you will also notice that littel "jerking" in your power band in second and third gear, go away and it will intigrate with a power commander. Exhaust is always a good idea, and Yoshi, and suzuki been in the sak together for a long time now. Rs3 tri oval carbon, unless you want to go full race. As far as rear tail and cosmedics, go to www.texasfairing.com, or look into www.hotbodiesracing.com, they have a GP style undertail in your factory color. and as far as the whole limited edition thing is concerned, it is only worth more to you or the guy your selling it to, nothing more, its still a gixxer 600, I have a Telefonica Movistar, I know what your thinkin. Do what you wanna do. make it yours, every body has a bike but... nobody has your bike.
Luck>> RAGE

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
suspension mods are a good way to start like the other's have already said, I usually put braided lines on the bike as one of the first mods.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you do chrome/polished look, you would have to think about weight. i would def choose polished. it is lighter then chrome and if you nick or scrach it you can just buff the nick or scrach out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts