Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my temp guage started alternating displaying the current temp and FI. Since this started the Red diagnostic light has come on and is quite annoying. The bike seems to be doing just fine. I know this is pretty common when an aftermarket exhaust is installed however I have not changed out the exhaust yet.

Any Ideas?

Keddie

·
Registered
419 Posts
Go HERE and read up on how to put your bike in "dealer mode". This will allow you to get the specific "trouble code(s)". Then, you will need to find someone with a manual, or if you have one, that's even better. Once you find out what the code is referring to, you can take the necessary steps to correct the problem.

Hope this helps at least a little.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your not going to believe this but I found the source of my FI light comming on. Tonight I put on a Yoshi Slip on exhaust and when removing the Mid-pipe and SET valve I noticed the pipe valve never closed. After opening up the cover I found a quarter lodged in between the tension cables and the pully. Causing the SET valve to continously stay open. The quarter in the pipe is completely blue and tempered like nothing I've never seen. I'm going to post pics cuz I cannot believe this happend. What are the odds a quarter would fall out of my wallet go down the trunk section and get stuck in the SET valve? 1 in 10,000,000? Too bad I'm not that lucky when it comes to the lottery.

Thanks for the website VERY helpful.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
That is truly remarkable! I was going to post that it had something to do with your S.E.T. but that goes beyond
anything anyone could've predicted!

You should save that quarter for the slots!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you got the bike fixed, who would have guessed?

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
dude my drivers lisence fell out of my pocket once & fell in the damn battery tray. so when i went to renew my lisence my warrants came out.. aggghhh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts