Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my wreck I took my bike up to the dealership to have it checked out make sure it was only cosmetic. Well Saturday during our bikini bike wash the mechanic "friend of ours" came up and said he was just notified that my bike has a recall, recall affects the function of the rear brake and can cause it to not function or function improperly. He's having me bring the bike back up this week and is going to check it out. If my bike was one affected, meaning bad rear brakes. According to what he said honda stated that if a bike resulted in a wreck that could have been affected by braking they'll cover all damages and medical costs. So hopefully my bike was one of those affected help cover the insane cost of 36 xrays and 4 ct scans which aren't covered by my insurance company. "the radiology department at the local hospital no longer accepts my insurance fucking great"

·
Registered
178 Posts
Stop Typing At All On This Subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Call A Laywer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get His Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He Or She Will Tell You Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
part of the problem
487 Posts
evils-03-RR said:
I dont want to sue honda, all i want is for them to fix my bike or give me a new one and pay for my wifes bills.
And people wonder why Americans are hated the world over….

They can’t take responsibility.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
3l1t3 said:

+1..................and frivilous lawsuits......

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3l1t3 said:

They haven't even finished checkin my bike out. He's going to take apart the rear brakes and establish if my brakes were functioning properly. So before you jump to conclusions pull your head out of your ass and ask a question. If the brake is properly functioning then I'm not gonna press it any further.

As for frivilous lawsuits I'm not going to sue honda, they build one hell of a nice bike, every company makes mistakes. I'm not about to be a part of another ford/firestone escapade.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Isn't 90% of sportbike breaking power the front break? Even if it did, then you still should of had 90% stopping control of the bike. I low slided, my fault, locked my front up I THINK (happened very quick). I don't understand how that would of helped you when you ran off the road dodging a truck? Not slam'n you bro, I guess it's the arguementative part of me thats curious.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Ok,back on topic.

I got my notice in the mail last week.If I have mine already,the rest of you should have yours.Unless it's because I bought one of the first ones out.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I received the recall notice in the mail about 1 week ago & when I called the dealer to have it fixed, they didn't even have the parts to repair it yet !!! Go Figure.......

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just thought I would chime in and say that my dealership hasn't gotten the parts for the recall yet either. They said that my name is on a list with 30 other people and that they would notify me. I got the recall notice while I was overseas and I've been back for 3 months.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quicksilver98 said:
Just thought I would chime in and say that my dealership hasn't gotten the parts for the recall yet either. They said that my name is on a list with 30 other people and that they would notify me. I got the recall notice while I was overseas and I've been back for 3 months.

Wow, I got mine repaired like 5 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts