Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive got some questions on the 02 r1, im considering purchasing one, ive been presented with a good deal and may pick it up. but first, does anyone have an issues with them?? and second how is it going to compare to my 06 636 that i sold last year? i had it since it was new and decided that i really didnt want the payments anymore, so when i got a good offer on it i let it go, but i cant go any longer without a bike, so how will they compare, handling wise? power wise? and just general operation, thanks guys.

·
Registered
286 Posts
hey guys, ive got some questions on the 02 r1, im considering purchasing one, ive been presented with a good deal and may pick it up. but first, does anyone have an issues with them?? and second how is it going to compare to my 06 636 that i sold last year? i had it since it was new and decided that i really didnt want the payments anymore, so when i got a good offer on it i let it go, but i cant go any longer without a bike, so how will they compare, handling wise? power wise? and just general operation, thanks guys.
The 02'-03' is the best motor Yamaha put in the R-1...awesome torque and big end punch, you will forget all about your 636 after 1 ride. The R-1 may handle a touch heavier but the BIG power will more than make up for it! I have an 03' se and it just turned over 54,000 miles and is still a screamer!

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have an 02 with 41,xxx miles. One mechanic just looked it over last weekend and he was impressed that the bike feels and rides like new.

It handles like my previous 06 R6, plus has more power on demand. I picked mine up for 3500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts