Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my '02 f4i and fixed everything then the engine died on me. The shop wants almost 2 grand to fix it. I was wondering what I could get for this bike without an engine. Although it's been wrecked everything cosmetically is perfect. It's just the engine that needs to be fixed or replaced.

Just need an estimate on what I could get for it and if anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
you might be able to get like 2500 for it with the blown engine. Find an engine on ebay and a couple of knowledgeable friends, buy a lot of beer for them, and you'll be in much better shape if you can get the bike rideable again.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i wouldn't pay 2500 for a previously wrecked bike with a blown engine. I think it would be better to part out.

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i already have another bike so i don't want to put any more money into the wrecked one. I'm just trying to get rid of it and get some money for it so i can cut my loan amount down.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'm asking if the bike has a normal, or salvaged title. In other words, did the insurance company total it and you bought it back after the crash, or did you always maintain ownership of it?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If it was a secured loan The bank or who ever financed the bike probably has the title ?? that would make it very dificult to sell with out papers

·
Registered
681 Posts
Unless you pay off the loan first, you won't be able to sell the bike(if the bank has a lein on it).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wouldn't give .02 cents for that piece of crap!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding Matt, the bike has a clean title and would make a great project bike for some one with some engine knowledge, all it needs is an engine, the bike "cosmeticly" is in perfect shape. The only damage he did when he layed it down was plastic damage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts