Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted it is hot in Texas, but my bike seems to be running excessively hot. The thermo picks up at about 95 degrees and it just climbs past 200 until the fan kicks on and keeps it stable. This is just over about 5 minutes while I let the oil get flowing. Any advice?

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
if 200 is as high as it goes, you're plenty ok.

My TL gets to 220 in hot city riding.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it hits 225 and slightly over from time to time. I guess that is safe then if you're at 220 in indiana.

What is the most effective way to make it run cooler?

·
Registered
323 Posts
my r6 runs like 213 in 106 degree temp the fan kicks on at 200 never seen it higher than 215.
try changing coolent , oil, air filter so she can breathe easier.
but 220 should be just fine.
the wather boils out of the oil at like 212 i think from when the bike cools down or so ive been told.

·
ZRX Pilot
419 Posts
JedoubbleSe said:
try changing coolent , oil, air filter so she can breathe easier.
but 220 should be just fine.

Ditto, was thinking the samething.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure all of the fins on the front of the radiator aren't smashed flat by rocks and stuff too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
srootster said:
water wetter. check your local auto store. add it to the coolant and drop @10 degrees.
water wetter work great also run less coolant cuz watter cools better in my GSXR 1000 i run half a bottle of water wetter and 20oz coolant then the rest water and it never over heats even sitting in traffic in daytona if you have been there you know what im talking about

1 - 14 of 14 Posts