Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i need some help figuring out this…my fuel light keeps blinking even though i have a full tank ever since i bought it ive have this problem, when i bought it the other owner told me to go off the miles on the trip setting…Well for the past 2 years ive been working on the bike getting it to my liking and have fixed all the electrical and the cleared the Fi code which was the APSensor…well now i want to fix this problem but cant figure it out…what can cause the fuel light to keep blinking even if its on a full tank(good thing i have never ran out of gas on this bike) but i would appreciate the input. Thanks

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
First thing first. Check the fuel level sensor aka float gauge. Replace as necessary. You'll have to pull the pump out of the tank.

Reactions: rickpandagixxer

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too have the same problem. Generic with tanks having the same set up?
I ran out of gas(Duh) then my problem started.
Fuel light goes on and off at random.

Thanks "hybrid"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My light goes off like clockwork every three seconds. Checking the sensor, is thats something thats replaceable or will i have to buy a new fuel pump assembly?

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
All of them are different but I suspect you can repair it with out too much trouble. I think the 3 second timing is to gain your attention because the bike thinks it is low on fuel.

Don't be scared to pull the pump and check the float out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help…i figured it out when i was taking the fuel pump out i notice that the cable leading from the base of the pump to the float sensor was disconnected from the circuit that leads from the bast to the sensor, i resolder it back in place and walla it started working. I have a full tank and no light!. Now ima run the bike beyond wht i usually run it which is more than 140miles to see if it actually. I tested it in water and my light tester was on outside the water and when i submerged it in water it turn off. Its a good feeling riding with no warning lights and the annoying fuel light glaring on my helmet…Thanks again.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
That's why I'm here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts