Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so I'm looking for a new/used bike and my cousin's husband tells me to get an R6... honestly I've never been a big fan of the R6 mainly because everyone and their grandma has one.... So I went out to day and actually got a chance to sit on it.... Man that thing is Light!!! well at least it is light compared to my old Ninja..... Am I going crazy or is the R6 an unbelievably light bike????

·
Registered
558 Posts
funny.. alls i see is f4i's and busas around here.

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
The 04 R6 weight 357lbs dry so the 01 is probably 10-15 more. But yes the bike is light and I can flick mine through corners like nothing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dunno might have been in my head or maybe the way it is balanced but it feels pretty light... I mounted it and kind of swung it left and right and it felt real "flickable" (is that a word) anyway it felt real easy to handle.....

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
Wreckless said:
dunno might have been in my head or maybe the way it is balanced but it feels pretty light... I mounted it and kind of swung it left and right and it felt real "flickable" (is that a word) anyway it felt real easy to handle.....
yes, flickable is a word, and a good one at that to describe an R6. one of the reasons why i want another R6

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
WOW.. I didnt think that there was that small a diff between my 96" F3 and my 929RR.... not much only 28 lbs diff when wet... hmmm geesh. Learn something new everyday...

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i don't think it's so much light, but how it feels because of it's geometry (not sure if this is easily noticed just sitting on it). buddy of mine that had another 600SS rode it for me when i moved and said it felt, "100 lbs. lighter than my (his) bike".

yeah, and my grandma has one too :D

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The bike does feel real light. It's one of the reasons I like it so much. The damn thing just wants to carve into corners. I love my R6 and wouldn't give it up for anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts