Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get asked I have not taken the MSF but have been riding an SV650S for about 2 years.

Here's the story: My brother-in-law told me his nieghbor apparently "repossesed" an 01 R6 from her son becuse she cosigned on it and he wasn't paying the note. She's moving and wants to sell the bike. I haven't seen the bike yet, but my bro-in-law is a rider (03 CBR600RR) said it in excellent shape, no road rash, only a small dent in the gas tank from the bike falling over on top of something in the garage. He said it was blue, but couldn't remember ifit was the champions edition or not.

01 Blue R6, 10K miles - $3000 :)

Is this a smoling deal or what? I was saving for an 05 ZX6R, but Ifigure I could ride the R6 till I'm ready to trade up.

Anything I should be on the look out for? I've heard about leaking batteries and some kind of 2nd gear problem with these bikes. Anything else?

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Take the fairings off to make sure they aren't repaired from a real wreck, check the frame for dings, dents and other damage. Check for oil leaks, check to make sure VIN's match, etc.... Basically look to see if it really is as advertised or if its a salvage rebuild someone is trying to sell through their mom with a fake story.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds alright to me, ride it for awhile and then sell it and get the bike you want

·
Registered
809 Posts
thats not a bad deal if it's in good shape. i dont really like the yamaha r's, but I'd prolly cop it for 3k if it was in nice shape.

·
Registered
418 Posts
big_slacker said:
Take the fairings off to make sure they aren't repaired from a real wreck, check the frame for dings, dents and other damage. Check for oil leaks, check to make sure VIN's match, etc.... Basically look to see if it really is as advertised or if its a salvage rebuild someone is trying to sell through their mom with a fake story.
++++1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts