Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or heard of how people like the -1/+2 gearing on their F4i? I'm getting ready to change my stock ones so I'd like some opinions.. Also any specific brands anyone likes?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got this gearing on my bike now(01F4i), and it's great for around town, backroads and such. On the highway in sixth gear I think 70 is around 6 or 7 thousand RPM. It just feels a little high strung. But overall I like it a lot, but I also don't take long trips on the highways. If you don't get a speedo healer or some way of compensating for the gearing change you'll rack up miles a lot quicker. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya it does thank you. what kind of sprockets and chain do you have? I was thinking of vortex with an RK. Oh what size of chain do you need with that set up, I want to try and order the right size right away

·
Registered
87 Posts
I kept the same(I think it's called pitch) size chain and sprockets as stock 525/530 which ever it is. Going to the 520 has it's benefits, but I didn't feel like paying the exrtra $$ for them. I got a kit(chain, sprockets) from some no name company off ebay. To be honest I'm not even sure what brand chain and sprockets I have currently, but I know Vortex and RK make quality products so you can't go wrong with either. Look around you might be able to find a kit with sprockets and chain together and save a few bucks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
From what I understand steel will last longer than the aluminum, but the aluminum will be slightly lighter, I'm almost 100% sure on this. I think most front sprockets you find are gonna be steel(more wear and tear than the rear). With the rears you have a choice steel or alum. Some companies ex. Driven have alumin hub and teeth made out of steel. I went with the steel front/rear because of longevity.

edit:
This is the kit I'll be getting for my bike come next pay check.
It also allows you to pick the different sproket sizes to go with the kit.
Renthal Honda '01-'07 F4I, '03-'08 600RR and 04-09 1000RR 520 Chain Kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts