Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey it wasn't my oil light after all. Evidently the red light was flashing because of a code or something. 3 long flashes followed 5 short flashes. If anyone is familiar with the cbr929, hit me back!

[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry no good ideas here but i have the same problem, I dropped my bike and got just a few cosmetic scratches. Now my light is blinking the same thing

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
next time the FI light comes on, don't shut your bike off. Remove your rear seat (obviously you'll have to carry your spare key with you), look for a plug under the seat that has only 2 contact points. It should have a rubber cover over it. use a paper clip or a piece of wire to connect those two contact points (just stick the paper clip into the plug and hold it there). Now look at your digital readout on the dash. It should be displaying an error code. Post the results of the error code here or call your dealership. The codes are explained in the service manual.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
350 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
next time the FI light comes on, don't shut your bike off. Remove your rear seat (obviously you'll have to carry your spare key with you), look for a plug under the seat that has only 2 contact points. It should have a rubber cover over it. use a paper clip or a piece of wire to connect those two contact points (just stick the paper clip into the plug and hold it there). Now look at your digital readout on the dash. It should be displaying an error code. Post the results of the error code here or call your dealership. The codes are explained in the service manual.

Does that make sense?
I have a 01 CBR 929 pdf manual if you want it let me know and I will up it to my site for you to download.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts