1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
hm. . .interesting. . .

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Didn't the handroids already do this? My brittle bones didn't shatter into a million pieces wearing my inferior heroics and they look basically unscathed so I'll stick with them for now

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
When I saw these gloves, the Handroids was the first thing I thought of. Reading his 'interview' and seeing the pictures aren't very convincing. They seem too thin for anything other than a very short slide.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Handroids don't do what these claims to do. the handroids are only for impact and they don't articulate and extend with your hands.

my major issue is the palm bridge. that looks like it's gonna get in the way of actually riding.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Carbon fiber knuckles are great for punching cars that decide they need your lane more than you do.
I never thought I'd agree with you, but you're right. They're especially well performing on weekends on PCH near Malibu, when people look straight at you in the mirrors, and decide to swerve into you :banana backed up traffic = good luck 'catching up' with me. (its not my fault i had to balance myself knuckles first on their car)

·
Registered
507 Posts
When I first read about the Handroids I really wanted a set. Then I read about how a guy crashed at the track and lost a pinky because of the way the Handroid armor attaches to the glove. I decided I need a lot of crash test data before switching away from the good old fashioned knuckle armor and leather palm.

These new things look similarly dubious to me.

(Edit: I just went and read the article. The gloves sound great! I'll still wait and see how many people lose fingers.)

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
I own handroids and have crashed in them. They work. My hand took a major shot on the palm and on the top where the articulating rubber armor is. Worked. I love them and wouldn't ride in anything else. Frankly, there isn't anything else out on the market like them.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I own handroids and have crashed in them. They work. My hand took a major shot on the palm and on the top where the articulating rubber armor is. Worked. I love them and wouldn't ride in anything else. Frankly, there isn't anything else out on the market like them.
I hope to see them at the next International motorcycle show.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts