Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i went on a 3-4 hour ride. It sure didnt seem that long but anways. I got on the freeway hit about 80-90 I went over a bridge with a bump. Got down the road patted my side and my cellphone was gone. I was pissed, hit a U turn flew back up and luckily found it. It was destroyed but still all i want is the phone book. Hopefully the cell phone tech can save my phone #s.

Sad part is i kept telling myself to move the phone from the lil pocket on the middle of the right pant leg and put it into my pocket but i wasnt going to try n do that while riding. Pulled over once and forgot to do it. O well, those are the breaks.

So have any of you dropped something while riding?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not really. My bar end fell off and hit my leg. I didn't realize it was my bar end until I got home.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Rear seat cowl on my SV650 (re-traced a 5 mile route and found it on the freeway all scratched up, still sold it for $35 and bought a new one for $70)

A brand new Columbia jacket in a plastic bag. ( re-traced a 7 block route ...some fvcker had to have picked it up and ran off with it)

Hmm...close calls...forgot to put my wallet and house keys in a secured pocket several times. That would suck losing those items.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The left side fairing on my xt600 blew off once. There wasn't even a scratch on it. So anyway, I just tucked it under my arm and kept going. I didn't have the time to try and put it back in place.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BentValve said:
Rear seat cowl on my SV650 (re-traced a 5 mile route and found it on the freeway all scratched up, still sold it for $35 and bought a new one for $70)

A brand new Columbia jacket in a plastic bag. ( re-traced a 7 block route ...some fvcker had to have picked it up and ran off with it)

Hmm...close calls...forgot to put my wallet and house keys in a secured pocket several times. That would suck losing those items.

Is the seat cowl the thing in back of your seat. In your picture ?
Damn you guys are losing fairings and things. I hope i dont have that problem seeing how my right fairing is missing 2 bolts, not missing just didnt put it on. I think ill go do that soon.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
LOL Im glad I dont have to ride you guys bikes if that sort of shit is fallin off..... wonder what else is ready to fall off? back wheel? tripple crown? You folks seriously need to do some checking if your droppin shyt like that.... never in 40+ years of riding has anything like that fell off one of my rides....

I have lost a good jacket doing about 70 on my dualsport... it dropped off the seat where the bungee that held it broke letting it fall on the tire the knobs grabbed it sucked it in and locked the back wheel causing a minor skirimsh in traffic on the freeway :eek: from that day on, if it dont fit in my backpack it dont go.....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ive lost a shoe after coming down to hard from a wheelie

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fila_996 said:
Ive lost a shoe after coming down to hard from a wheelie
how in the hell ??? Flipflops ?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I lost my passanger once :eek:nfloor They were not ready when the light turned green. It was my cousin and he was fine but I could not stop laughing. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stilzaj said:
i've fallen off, does that count.
It only counts if your bike kept going down the road. Losing a passenger be awful. Especially if u were trying to get some later on.

·
VTX1300c rider
1,082 Posts
I had a side panel blow off a 79 honda cb750k about 12 years, ago never found it.

I have also lost two exaust stacks on two different trucks [18 wheelers]due to the muffler rusting at the mount, one somewere between Richmond Va. and Manning Sc. and the other one on I5 in L.A. at about 60mph in traffic, luck was with me and it flew into the bushes after it got pulled into the drive tires thank God it hit nobody

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yea that thing was a seat cowl.

I almost lost my wallet, I was broke as hell but my permit was in there and some numbers....

·
Registered
944 Posts
My friend on his Yama RoadWarior lost his little half helmet on the freeway once. Looked up and foof off comes the helmet. pretty funny shit

·
Registered
670 Posts
lost my cigarettes and a photocopy of the title while riding, that sucked but at least it wasnt my wallet, cell, or checkpoint. Advice to others: TIE YOUR ZIPPERS ON YOUR BACKPACK ESPECIALLY WHILE TUCKING AT 110+ MPH (that was how i lost my shit)

·
Registered
528 Posts
I lost my $500+ paycheck, forgot to close the zipper on my backpack and got partway down the road and thought to myself "yeah I closed that zipper", well when I got home I realized I hadn't...damn wind. When I went to get a replacement check I stopped being lazy and filled out the paperwork for direct deposit.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LittleTex said:
I lost my $500+ paycheck, forgot to close the zipper on my backpack and got partway down the road and thought to myself "yeah I closed that zipper", well when I got home I realized I hadn't...damn wind. When I went to get a replacement check I stopped being lazy and filled out the paperwork for direct deposit.

yeah i rememebr that. Hey lilTEX. why dont you roll with us on Saterday, we are going to some mountains or something like that. Check the http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=281124&goto=newpost

1 - 20 of 32 Posts